Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
I get six bars but the sixth one only stays for about 25 kms and I can ride for about 50 kms with the last light flashing. It all works for me!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got the same issue. Honda has got the solution. They replaced the floater on my bike and since then, no problem with the petrol gauge. I do have other problems, more relevant, but it belongs to another thread.
I deeply regret :mad: not to have bought a Kawasaki Ninja, no doubts about it...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Haven't had it flash yet so I can't say if mine is screwed up as some of them. Once it's below half, I fill up as soon as I'm at a gas station, which is every day or every other day anyway to get cigarettes. ;)

·
Registered
394 Posts
I got the same issue. Honda has got the solution. They replaced the floater on my bike and since then, no problem with the petrol gauge. I do have other problems, more relevant, but it belongs to another thread.
I deeply regret :mad: not to have bought a Kawasaki Ninja, no doubts about it...
How much did that set you back? Or was it covered under warranty?

Also, I'm reporting you for disrespecting the Babyblade with such blasphemy :p

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I had been using the following values for the fuel tank. .8 gallons remaining when 2 bars changed to 1. .4 gallons remaining when 1 bar started to blink. And, 3.1 gallons US from empty to the fill plate which would be pushing it to get 3 round trip commutes of 240 miles. So I decided to see how much more fuel would fit above the fill plate if I filled it to the brim. I got in another .4 gallons by slowly dribbling it in while sitting on the bike and rocking it back and forth. I may not bother to do this everytime but this will come in handy on long trips and can now cover 3 commutes if I want to skip a day at the pump. Filling up every 2 days does start to seem like a waste of time. My car can do 6 round trips before heading for the pumps.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
pssst Garouda: sell your bike and get one that you like. :D

·
Registered
488 Posts
I had a 09 ninja 250. Get one if you want..... Not that great.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I've got my bars down pretty good now. As soon as two bars show, I have about 75 miles range left. One bar solid, I have 50 miles range remaining, and when the single bar starts flashing, I have 25 miles range left until sputter, sput, sput. Just lucky that it works out to such easy nuymbers to remember, at least on my bike and my riding style.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I always fill when the last bar starts flashing. Takes in about 8 or 9 litres usually. Last bar rarely ever comes on.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Fuel Pump

Is it true that running dry of gas can kill the fuel pump? Is it another urban myth? Any of the guys who did that has experienced any trouble after that?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Repeatedly running with little to no gas will cause an in-tank fuel pump to fail earlier than it would otherwise. The fuel acts as a coolant for the pump so when there isn't enough fuel to cover it, it runs hotter than normal. This won't "kill" the pump, but it does shorten its lifespan.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Or, in the case of my CX650 Turbo's, the fuel pump is external to the tank, so not running out of fuel is critical since the pump doesn't even have a blanket of fuel surrounding it when the pump cavitates.

·
Registered
167 Posts
hold the bike upright sometime before checking the fuel meter

i found that out,as one day i had fuel meter last drop blinking.
Ie indicating;tank had only 3.5l

when i fueld up,i got the tank full with 7-7.5litre
proving it had more fuel than indicated.

Tried standing it upright,before checking next time

side stand-1 bar blinking
when upryt-2 bars were there

61 - 73 of 73 Posts