Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question.

I'm looking on craigslist for used CBR600rr bikes. I have messaged with a decent person who has a 2008 CBR600rr that I like but it has 2,000 miles on it. Is this a bad thing or a good thing? All other adds I see have 10,000-18,000 on them. Also the person is looking for about $5k for the bike yet KBB states the bikes worth $4.5k.

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
The question is, did somebody with such low enthusiasm for the bike take proper care of it over the last 10 years? How many previous owners, how is it stored? Are the tires flat from standing, is there rust in the tank and so on. Did his enthusiasm for the bike die because he went down with it... All those questions need to be asked.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

With this bike the seller bought the bike new in 2008 and stated he "doesn't have time to ride the bike often." Which makes me think he will ride it here and there with would not be a bad thing. And he says the bike was garage kept.

I've been researching and some people states that rubber sealed part may dry out if not used frequently. But perhaps a garage kept bike might be better off.

I'm in no rush but might check the bike out at some point. I've also been researching what to look for in low mileage older bikes.

·
Super Moderator
2,033 Posts
All new fluids for sure as well.

Personally, I suspect that the purchaser was already middle aged when he bought it and found it too uncomfortable to ride often.

Reactions: tegs

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
All new fluids for sure as well.

Personally, I suspect that the purchaser was already middle aged when he bought it and found it too uncomfortable to ride often.
Or he got scared of the raw power... Maybe it was his first bike and he never had any training...All speculation of course.0:)

·
Registered
399 Posts
In my experience a lot of people buy bikes with good intentions but never find the time in their lives to use them much or do that long promised 'big trip'. It took me three years to find the four days I took to do my Scotland trip last year.
What you need to find out is how the bike has been stored, how regularly it has actually been used and when it has been serviced.

No use can lead to dried out seals. Lots of cold starts and short journeys can lead to more internal wear than higher mileage 'sensible' use.
I've read that CBR600s are easily capable of 100000 miles if properly looked after so I wouldn't place too much emphasis on mileage in your buying decision, especially if the asking price is on the high side.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Quick question.

I'm looking on craigslist for used CBR600rr bikes. I have messaged with a decent person who has a 2008 CBR600rr that I like but it has 2,000 miles on it. Is this a bad thing or a good thing? All other adds I see have 10,000-18,000 on them. Also the person is looking for about $5k for the bike yet KBB states the bikes worth $4.5k.

What do you think?
$4700 to $5500 is normal used pricing for 10,000-18,000 mile 2007-09 CBR600RR motorcycles throughout Colorado, Texas, New Mexico and Arizona. I've been keeping a lookout for an ABS model to come along for the right price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts