Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Now those are nice mirrors! Post pic after installation???:eek:
Where'd you get them?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked them up from Chaparral Motor Sports, the biggest bike store in the WORLD! It is really big, if you are ever in SoCal I would suggest visiting it.

Mirrors were priced at $30.00 US, cold hard cash.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I really like the looks of those! The stock mirrors [and maybe the exhaust] are the only things that I'm not crazy about as far as aesthetics are concerned. I'd definitely be interested in picking up a set for my bike. What was the name of the mirrors you picked up?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So mirror swap right…. Seems like a quick and easy maybe 10 minute job. Have you taken off your mirrors before? I guess they have like Loctite on them. So the first mirror, it was a little tough but never the less the bolt came out. Fitted the new mirror and it looked good.

I went for the second bolt and that’s when it went downhill…Anger, frustration, a pain in my right shoulder now…

So after a few turns of the allen wrench, I have on my hand a stripped bolt, now it was loose enough for the mirror to flop around and too striped for me to put it back in tight. Now, what to do, what to do… The mirror has a lip on it where the bolt is at so I couldn’t get a pipe wrench on it, I didn’t want to drill it out because I wanted to use the threads on the mount still. I really didn’t want to damage the stock mirror, but after about 30 minutes of staring and thinking, on top of it all I was starving, no food in my system, getting a little tired..

I was ready to make some progress and stop wasting time. So I decided that I was going to hacksaw the mirror and the head of the bolt. I cut out a notch so I could fit a huge flat head screwdriver on the top of the bolt. I took the bracket off of the bike and screwed it on to a piece of 3ft by 4ft plywood because the vice would have damaged the bracket and it was going to take a lot of force so it wouldn’t work that well on the bike.

After pushing and twisting and turning, the bolt finally came out, and a big senses of accomplishment stuck me, yes!

Then I go bolt the bracket back up to the bike, and just when I thought I made it in life and it was all cake from here on out, the mirror wouldn’t bolt up!

What happened, did I is strip the bolt? Am going to have to buy a new bracket! WTF!

Just then my wife says, “hey honey how about we eat out tonight” at that moment, I look at my bike, look at my wife, near ready to thought any object in my hand or kick anything in range… I say ok, and just drop my wrench, and close the garage…

So my 10 minute project is now going on 2 days…yep…

BTW, I rode to work this morning with no mirrors, awesome. It gives the bike a whole different feel.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Can you see anything in the shorter mirrors or do they become a decoration?
^ This is what I want to know.

I need functionality long before decoration. I have a hard enough time seeing anything but my elbows as it is with me being broad shouldered.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
My ultra short mirrors make life ten times easier when riding through Bangkok traffic. Can still see behind, but will need to turn your a head a little when changing lanes.

When going out on a day ride to the jungle twisties I put the stock ones back one along with my extended Honda windscreen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts