Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

Been riding my 2013 CBR250R for about 3 months now. I have completed the MSF Basic Rider course and was a good experience. Now I am slowly hitting the streets around my area, pushing myself a little further each day and getting comfortable with the bike.

My question is regarding RPM power in second gear. Say I am slowing down to take a 90 degree corner or enter a parking lot or shopping area, I feel like the bike looses power drastically and the rpms fall fast and the bike start to chugging as I enter the parking lot.

I have realized that below 4000rpms, the bike loses power and start lugging. What are some recommendations or advice on this situation? The other day I was entering Walgreens parking lot and went down to 2nd gear, but to prevent the bike from chugging I had to slip the clutch in the friction zone to keep the power up.

Thank you for your time. All the best

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

Been riding my 2013 CBR250R for about 3 months now. I have completed the MSF Basic Rider course and was a good experience. Now I am slowly hitting the streets around my area, pushing myself a little further each day and getting comfortable with the bike.

My question is regarding RPM power in second gear. Say I am slowing down to take a 90 degree corner or enter a parking lot or shopping area, I feel like the bike looses power drastically and the rpms fall fast and the bike start to chugging as I enter the parking lot.

I have realized that below 4000rpms, the bike loses power and start lugging. What are some recommendations or advice on this situation? The other day I was entering Walgreens parking lot and went down to 2nd gear, but to prevent the bike from chugging I had to slip the clutch in the friction zone to keep the power up.

Thank you for your time. All the best
Some time adjusting the drive chain length might help.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts