Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Lowered Ride

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  matt71579 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to share a few pics of my cee bee that was just lowered. She's lowered about 2" front and rear, has yoshi frame sliders, and I painted the heat shield. That's all for now before she goes into storage for the winter.

BTW, had the bike lowered for my wife so she can build some more confidence riding it and hopefully it will encourage her to have some more seat time.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Bike was lowered using this kit...

Krooz Tune

These guys were great to work with and my shop that did the install said it was a good quality kit. It actually involves internal fork work along with pushing the forks up the triple clamp to lower the front. Most kits do not include parts for internal fork work.

If you want to lower the bike, then by all means you should lower the bike. At the end of the day, it's your bike and you're riding it. I think most people tell you to stay away from lowering a bike because so many are done improperly. If you get it done, make sure you bring it to a reputable shop that knows what they are doing. I do not see any safety issues with riding a lowered bike as long as you ride with the same precautions as you always have. If anything, you will be more comfortable and happier. However, if you can manage riding without lowering it, then don't do it. My wife is on her tip toes on this bike before it was lowered and she is not strong enough to one foot it. I plan on raising the bike back to stock height once she becomes a more confident and proficient rider.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide to do.

#5 ·
Lowered Bike

Hey read your post on my wifes pink cbr youtub walk around and looking at your pics vs my wifes cbr250r I can see your point. Your front forks are way higher than my wifes. Im not really sure why that is the case. I can tell you that my shop did not lower the front as much as the instructions said. They told me they leveled the bike out and it could go another 10mm or so. it looks like your forks are pushed up alot in the front. I also know my bike shop changed out to a thinker fluid. This was not only reccomended by my mechanic but also Kroozetune when I spoke with them over the phone and most people will do this when lowering there bikes. Did they install the spacers and fork destokers. The forks look pretty high up there.

#6 ·
Hey read your post on my wifes pink cbr youtub walk around and looking at your pics vs my wifes cbr250r I can see your point. Your front forks are way higher than my wifes. Im not really sure why that is the case. I can tell you that my shop did not lower the front as much as the instructions said. They told me they leveled the bike out and it could go another 10mm or so. it looks like your forks are pushed up alot in the front. I also know my bike shop changed out to a thinker fluid. This was not only reccomended by my mechanic but also Kroozetune when I spoke with them over the phone and most people will do this when lowering there bikes. Did they install the spacers and fork destokers. The forks look pretty high up there.
Hey Matt! Glad you found my post and thanks for your feedback. It's so much easier to communicate through the forum.

OK, so I have an update from Krooz Tune. I have been going back and forth with Marty (co-founder) of Krooz Tune via emails. His recommendation is to stick with the factory Honda spec fork oil and not with anything thicker. He also said that pushing the forks up the extra 20 mm through the triple clamps after installing the spacers and destrokers will keep the bike in balance. Although he has only pushed some up by only 10-15 mm to suit some riders. I attached my pics in an email for him to take a look at and asked him to let me know if my forks look correct. I will keep this thread updated when I hear back from him.

Thanks again Matt.

#7 ·
Thats odd when I spoke with them over the phone and they suggested a heavier oil to me anyway.... I find the heavier oil in the forks help from things to not bottom out but that was with me driving it. My wife will never run the bike that hard. I have not noticed any significant handling problems and the bike looks clean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.