Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I want to know this as well, which is why Ive held off putting in an order.

WOODCRAFT
'Woodcraft's new Honda CBR250R riser clip-ons lower the handlebars 1.5" over the stock clip-ons (measured at end of the bar) . They provide a more aggressive riding position without interfering with the bodywork. Perfect for anyone racing or just looking for a sportier ride on their CBR250R.'

TYGA
'In conjunction with the rear sets, we are developing a set of bars that give the lowest reach that is possible without clearance issues come into play and serious redesigning of the bike is called for. Nevertheless, these bars give a useful 20 mm lower reach and are slightly further forward than the stock bolt upright position. The position of the TYGA pegs and bars at least allow you to adopt a more tucked in position when the mood or circumstances arise.'

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I guess we need to hear from anyone who has the Woodcraft ones? to show pics with stock bodywork and lock to lock clearance.

And what do Woodcraft do with the ring on the forks above the top clamp?
The TYGA pic shows this ring (circlip?).

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The "circlips" are bigger on the woodcrafts compared to the Tyga, so it looks like the ring is still there just covered by the clip-ons a bit more.

Having a close look at the Stock, Tyga and Woodcrafts, Im suspecting the woodcrafts angle the bars Downwards a bit more then stock

"lower the handlebars 1.5" over the stock clip-ons (measured at end of the bar)"

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Yes you are right re the angle Robbo, starting to think I'd like the flatter TYGA profile, and we dont need the 2 pce clamp as the bars sit on top unlike regular sportsbikes.

·
Registered
426 Posts
to save me a google search since we on on the topic of clip-ons. Can you get clip-ons that raise the handlebars 1.5" over stock? I have bought a new helmet over xmas (going from a Scorpion EXO1000 to a Shoei RF1100) needed something lighter because of cervical disc issues.

The honda isnt too aggressive compared to most sportbikes (which i can not ride) but i wouldnt complain if i could raise the handle bars a bit more. for me tho the perfect bike would be a light low centre of gravity upright bike.

The CBF600 sitting position is great but only sat on it in dealer (while it was on centre stand) so not sure of weight. The Suzuki VSTrom 650 is good for sitting but i find it very top heavy. Kawasaki Versys is a nice fit. so anyway back on topic. anyone raise their handlebars on this bike?

·
Registered
26 Posts
to save me a google search since we on on the topic of clip-ons. Can you get clip-ons that raise the handlebars 1.5" over stock? I have bought a new helmet over xmas (going from a Scorpion EXO1000 to a Shoei RF1100) needed something lighter because of cervical disc issues.

The honda isnt too aggressive compared to most sportbikes (which i can not ride) but i wouldnt complain if i could raise the handle bars a bit more. for me tho the perfect bike would be a light low centre of gravity upright bike.

The CBF600 sitting position is great but only sat on it in dealer (while it was on centre stand) so not sure of weight. The Suzuki VSTrom 650 is good for sitting but i find it very top heavy. Kawasaki Versys is a nice fit. so anyway back on topic. anyone raise their handlebars on this bike?
I am also looking at raising my handlebars to get a more upright sitting position. I did google search and found nothing! Were you able to make any headway?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Our clip-ons for the 250 are as low as we could go without interference issues. If you lower the bars anymore your hands will hit the bodywork as you turn the bars to lock. This bike is pretty typical of all modern Honda's leaving very little room to lower the bars from stock.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Our clip-ons for the 250 are as low as we could go without interference issues. If you lower the bars anymore your hands will hit the bodywork as you turn the bars to lock. This bike is pretty typical of all modern Honda's leaving very little room to lower the bars from stock.
Thanks Woodcraft thats good to know,
Robbo has recently put up a pic of his woodcrafts fitted vs stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts