Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well,today i met up with Mylabs and other fellow members from OCmoto.com for a group ride and BBQ in Hunnington Beach (love that area!!!) if your in So*Cal and not in the ocmoto.com website then join :)

also there was another CBR250 that i blocked in the parkinglot thinking it was Mylab's till i saw the stock exhaust lol..dont know who you are!

anyways,on the way home,a fellow rider and i are rolling down PCH and i go to shift only my foot misses the shifter,im thinking it didnt re-center itself so i have to do it manually,so im looking for it to re-center it and its not there..

i look down and its not in sight..i pull to the side and put my kickstand down and it falls,its still connected but not where its suppose to be mounted on the peg.

if it wasnt for the kickstand holding it up, it would have fell and hit the ground and prolly broke off the bike or Bent out of place...

to not make this already long story longer..we went to home depot/ace to try different sizes...found one that fits,great..doesnt HOLD in place..will not tighten..

the shifter has a piece in it that is a circle with a cut in it,that part is now stripped. and needs replacing...dont even wanna say or post the pics how i got my bike home,which is about an hour or so away lol..

this is suppose to be taken care of at the 1st serivce,to make sure all the bolts n nuts are tightened..and even when you first get the bike..

so who do i take this up with,the honda certified shop that did my first service or the shop i bought the bike from?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Wow. That sucks mellow. Glad you were able to rig a fix and get home. I think you could go to either the place you bought it or the place that did the 600mile service to get help. Whichever place is more convenient for you. If you don't mind sharing, where did you buy it at and where did you get the service done?

I should be picking up my bike within the next month if all goes according to plan. I'll be sure to check this out before rolling of the lot.

I just signed up with ocmoto.com foobar is my screen name there.

Hoping to do a noobie ride before the end of the year. Maybe I'll see you at the next one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
:eek: bummer. I would take it to dealer. They did the pre delivery inspection/assembly, but any Honda dealer should cover the work off the warranty.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah,i bought the bike at Bert's Mega Mall in covina...i did my 600 mile service at ontario motorsports since it was closer to me.and they have the best price out of the others + already had the filter in stock.

thanks foobar,so basically what i said is my shifter is fine but the place it mounts into is stripped and now the bolt on the shifter cant lock into place with it to tighten up.

i will be calling tomorrow,to ontario motorsports

·
Registered
177 Posts
yeah,i bought the bike at Bert's Mega Mall in covina...i did my 600 mile service at ontario motorsports since it was closer to me.and they have the best price out of the others + already had the filter in stock.

thanks foobar,so basically what i said is my shifter is fine but the place it mounts into is stripped and now the bolt on the shifter cant lock into place with it to tighten up.

i will be calling tomorrow,to ontario motorsports
Thank you for the info. I've heard good things about Bert's too. Probably the one time something like this happened. I'm sure it will be taken care of for you. Definitely covered under warranty.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I believe there was a recall on this. If I remember correctly my dealer told me a lot of the bikes shipped with the shifter incorrectly torqued down.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I believe there was a recall on this. If I remember correctly my dealer told me a lot of the bikes shipped with the shifter incorrectly torqued down.

recall, this bike just came out. I think we should have all been notified of this (if you bought one and are the original registered owner)

Can you dig this up anywhere, i would love to know and check mine out. This is a HUGE problem if this happens mid ride!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Got my bike back from service and those morons couldnt even put the correct amount of oil in the bike. Then he tried to tell me to check the oil with the bike on the kickstand. The manual says otherwise. If they cant even get the oil right how can i trust them to do anything right. Im getting the manual and will do everything my self

Shawn

·
Registered
681 Posts
recall, this bike just came out. I think we should have all been notified of this (if you bought one and are the original registered owner)

Can you dig this up anywhere, i would love to know and check mine out. This is a HUGE problem if this happens mid ride!
I tried to Google it but I couldn't find anything about it. My dealer told me about it when they dropped off my bike. I didn't really think anything of it at the time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This happened to me a few days after I bought my bike.

I only had 50km on the bike and the bolt came out after as I was riding into my driveway and downshifting, lost the nut.

I had to take my shifter to the local hardware store the next day get a nut for it and some threadlock. And I put in back on and torqued it on tight.

That **** could have left me stranded in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i called and ask if their was a recall,they said no.

so i told them what happened and they said i could take my
bike to any authorized honda dealer to take a look at it

hopefully Honda Covers the cost..i will take my bike in today..

Also,i did notice 3-4 times while riding that it was difficult to shift my bike..i had to press hard it felt stuck

one time near my house in the city,one time in downtown LA and an hour away from home.
and another time after that and i called them to let them know and they said they were busy so they will call me back later..never did...then this happens..

·
Registered
111 Posts
so i told them what happened and they said i could take my
bike to any authorized honda dealer to take a look at it

hopefully Honda Covers the cost..i will take my bike in today..
Honestly, I can't think of a more clear-cut example of warranty repair. They should, and if they don't, then give them an earful.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Okay, so I had a problem a very similar problem except instead of falling off the nut appeared to have worked itself tighter stopping the shifter from pivoting. I've tried putting the nut on tightly and loosely, however, after a little bit of shifting the nut seems to work itself tighter again to where I can no longer shift. How do I get the shifter to stop this?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just got back from the mountain motorsports in ontario,california.

the guy told me that honda just put a regular type nut on the bolt and didnt put the right one,he said something about "index"

he just put a new one on my with a lock on it,then they replaced some panels and gave me my old ones.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts