Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
White and Hi-Vis helmets get hit 25% less than dark helmets. Color of the bike doesn't matter. A bright jacket helps slightly but your helmet is the most important aspect of your visibility. I bought my helmet used so ended up with black. If I had ordered it new I would have chosen the bright silver or white. My daughter ordered white and it looks trick! In order to channel some of the positive energy of a brighter helmet I added a 3M reflective graphic from streetglo.com. Other people get great results from just making designs out of 3M tape from Amazon or HomeDepot.
Motorcycle Decals and Boat Lettering Graphics. Helmet Stickers and Reflective tape/pinstriping.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Loving my new helmet

For all the new riders, it is worth it to start out with a really great helmet. Sport bikes make so much wind noise in the helmet that you can actually loose your hearing over time if you don't wear ear plugs or ride in the quietest helmet available. Fogging in cool weather is also an issue. The Arai RX-Q is supposed to be the worlds quietest helmet with the Schuberths a close second. If you don't want to lay out the cash for a modular Schuberth C3, the S1 models are all over ebay in the 2-$300 dollar range. The internal pin visor absloutely prevents fogging and the vents work perfect and are dead silent when closed.
Touring Helmets - RevZilla

·
Registered
681 Posts
My Scorpion is pretty quiet with the vents closed but I wouldn't even think about riding around that way this time of year. The heat index hits 100 by 10am most days and doesn't drop below that until after dark. :(

·
745 Posts
I really like the Shoei RF-1100 - can't comment on relative quietness since I haven't tried a lot of others (definitely quieter than a open Moto helmet!). Liner pops out easy for washing, and helmet is very comfortable.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I was originally going to get a scorpion 700 but did my home work and ended up with web bike worlds 2007 of the year helmet. Why is this important to this post on visibility ..well on the back of the helmet it has L.E.D's that light up and flash. It may seem kind of hokey but every one who has seen it in action says it works well. Also cant beat the price for the helmet.
GMAX GM68S Helmet - webBikeWorld

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Review

Good review on the GMAX. I hope it rides quieter than it looks with all those vents.
I was originally going to get a scorpion 700 but did my home work and ended up with web bike worlds 2007 of the year helmet. Why is this important to this post on visibility ..well on the back of the helmet it has L.E.D's that light up and flash. It may seem kind of hokey but every one who has seen it in action says it works well. Also cant beat the price for the helmet.
GMAX GM68S Helmet - webBikeWorld

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Mine is the one with the lader cut graphics I bought from Streetglo. The other helmet was posted by someone else who used a roll of tape from the lumber store.
Me? LOL I actually bought a roll of reflective red tape from StreetGlo and just trimmed it to fit on my helmet since it is already covered by cool OEM graphics all around and i didnt want to cover them up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts