Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey So*Cal riders, Malibu ride Saturday morning! Should be a nice day for a ride, and a stop by the Rock Store, maybe do some lunch at Neptune’s Net.

Anyone in?

I’m thinking meet up on PCH and Sunset, kind of early, im shooting for 9am. I’ll be riding in on the 10 freeway at 215 freeway, about a 1 hour or so ride. I’ll pick up anyone along the way if you want to meet up.

Mike M, I think you might be in the area, come out if you can.

PCH and Sunset @9am

so here is who we got going so far.

Tom – CBR250r.net
Tim – no forum association
devang5 - CBR250r.net
Maxidax - CBR250r.net
RemusRM - CBR250r.net

BADS197 – socalridersform.com
Gary - no forum association
Ronnie - no forum association

·
Registered
16 Posts
im in! will meet you at PCH and Sunset 9am. might not be able to do lunch but i'm in for the ride.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesomeness! Should be about 7 going so far.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I was taking a look at the map, here is kind of what I came up with.

Ride#1 looks nice and easy, relaxed….

Ride#2 looks like it may be a little more fun… I’ve been out to Malibu but not up Latigo Canyon.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have a dilemma but I want to join. I have to be in simi valley by 1145 but where were riding around is only like 40 minutes away from where I have to be. Also pch and sunset is 2 hours south for me. Worth it?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, come on down for some ride time, food, bike stuff. It should be a nice day.

PCH and Sunset is 2 hours from my house too, but i'll be staying at my brothers which is 1 and 30 minutes from there.

Hey we can try to meet a little earlier if you want, even if you leave at 11 you should be able to make it to Simi Valley.

Sounds like plenty of ride time.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Ride #2
Latigo Canyon Rd is much more technical. Several sharp hair-pin turns and some areas
of piss poor pavement quality. I rode it up and down from PCH up into West Lake Village
four times about three weekends ago. There also were some gravel deposits littering
across several of the turns near the top before entering West Lake Village. So be
careful and do a practice run before opening it up.

Ride #1
Kanan Dume Rd is a much faster route sporting fast sweeping turns. Should be able to
maintain speeds of 45-60 MPH the entire way. Also pavement quality is excellent and
zero gravel issues to contend with. Should be more enjoyable if you only do one pass.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info! Most likely we'll ride route #1.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Didn't check my dates and class is the week after. So I'll be there on Saturday!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Again...please take pictures and post them for those of us who haven't quite entered into riding season yet. Y'all have a great ride!

·
Registered
158 Posts
rnickeymouse - YouTube

After watching this guys channel on youtube is anyone else intimidated by "the snake" on Mulholland Hwy?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can conquer your intimidation, that’s what we are going to ride tomorrow!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so here is who we got going so far.

Tom – CBR250r.net
Tim – no forum association
devang5 - CBR250r.net
Maxidax - CBR250r.net
RemusRM - CBR250r.net

BADS197 – socalridersform.com
Gary - no forum association
Ronnie - no forum association

Should be a good ride, kind of warm in Riverside today.

Weather looks good for Malibu tomorrow.

·
Registered
158 Posts
So stoked!!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's ride time! PCH and sunset at 9am this morning, come on out. Shoot me a text or Pm. 951 313 0692

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
158 Posts
Soooo fun! Id love to go again! By the way tom, the guy that we met at the rock store, logan, heres a video of him riding. Pretty beast

·
Registered
158 Posts
Post your gopro videos!! I wanna see us shred haha.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just getting settled in, tons of traffic on the 10 freeway. I'll try to post our vid later tonight, and some more pics. I am freaking exhausted....

Awesome ride today...

·
Registered
158 Posts

Well obviously did more riding than picture snapping but here are two from the top of Mulholland.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts