Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CBR250R is my first bike so im not very familiar with the maintenance. Im taking the bike in on tuesday for the 600 mi check up. looking at the manual and services, im just wondering what is actually necessary and what dont i need to have done to save on money. from what i see, the only really important checkups are the 8000 miles appart, the check ups that are done with the oil change. someone help me out on this

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
12,000km (8000m) or 12 month (whichever comes first) dealer services.

All other periodical maintenance checks and adjustment DO save money, all listed in the manual. pages 35 - 73.

In between oil & filter change dependent on conditions is common to most members.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
12,000km (8000m) or 12 month (whichever comes first) dealer services.

All other periodical maintenance checks and adjustment DO save money, all listed in the manual. pages 35 - 73.

In between oil & filter change dependent on conditions is common to most members.
i was thinking of pretty much only doing the dealer service for the 8000 increments since the 4k, 12, 20k, et. increments seems not necessary

any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
i was thinking of pretty much only doing the dealer service for the 8000 increments since the 4k, 12, 20k, et. increments seems not necessary

any thoughts?
They are not asking you to take it to a dealer to do those if you are confident to do them yourself, ie your cables will stretch heaps in the next 1000 miles as they are new, thus the owners manual with simple instructions and pics to them yourself.
The Chain will stretch if you dont lubricate it or overtighten it etc etc etc.

If its your first bike maybe you will meet other motorcyclist that can help with these things, but dont try to save to much money.. always costs more in the long run and safety is the first priority when it comes to bikes.
Enjoy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts