Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having issues with going to "Quick Links->Mark Forums Read"? I keep getting the message "Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator." I have clicked the link to notify the administrator but Ive not heard anything back. This is occurring on multiple devices... PC, mobile, etc.

Just wondering if I am the only one?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same here. Its been like that for awhile.

As far as an admin, the admin of these boards controls tons of boards and you'll never see em around. He does come around but rarely, lol
If thats the case, do we have moderators that can control this stuff? Seems like an awful idea to only have one person who can admin the board and is rarely around.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just signed in with IE11 and still received the error message but it actually marked the posts as read. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

·
Super Moderator
6,913 Posts
If thats the case, do we have moderators that can control this stuff? Seems like an awful idea to only have one person who can admin the board and is rarely around.
We Moderators are fairly limited in what we can do on the site and it's my understanding that when there is a technical problem or "glitch" on the site, the Administrator in turn, often has to contact a VerticalScope Tech Support person to correct many of these issues.

Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums - View Profile: Administrator

I guess you could just try to PM him and see if he responds.. Said he was on yesterday.

But yeah he doesn't post too much and when stuff gets suggested he doesn't normally reply, aka the solution to the spam bots I brought up. :D
While it's true that the Administrator doesn't necessarily post very often, he is logged in on the site quite often. Also when you send the Administrator a PM, even if he is not logged in at the time, it triggers an e-mail notification to his off site e-mail account, so he will see that a PM was sent.

Re: Spam...
I don't know if you've noticed, but we don't have the spam issues like we used to... now, when we do get someone posting spam, it is "moderated", meaning that those threads/posts are only seen by the Moderators on their screens... so now regular members should not have these spam post cluttering their screens. I've noticed that we get far less spam now as a result of these posts being "moderated".

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Re: Spam...
I don't know if you've noticed, but we don't have the spam issues like we used to... now, when we do get someone posting spam, it is "moderated", meaning that those threads/posts are only seen by the Moderators on their screens... so now regular members should not have these spam post cluttering their screens. I've noticed that we get far less spam now as a result of these posts being "moderated".
Ah I see.. Thought I seen a spam topic not long ago so thought it never got implemented..

So pretty much what I suggested awhile back was what got put in place?
http://www.cbr250.net/forum/site-news-feedback/18674-suggestion-spam-bots.html

Because that is what Moderation Queue is. :D Thought it never got done, then again I never made a new account to try it.

Anyways, thanks for the reply on that at least MotoMike.

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
OH GLORIOUS DAY! The function is working again!! Big thank you to the person who fixed it!
no problems man, anytime!

lol just kidding i didn't fix it, i didn't even know what the function was before you mentioned it :eek:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no problems man, anytime!

lol just kidding i didn't fix it, i didn't even know what the function was before you mentioned it :eek:
Im one of "those" people who is super obsessed with keeping things organized. A good example is my email. I use the "inbox" as a kind of "to-do" list and then I move\filter the other things to folders so I can address them, as needed, or save them for later reference without cluttering up my inbox.

When I visit most forums, I click the "New Posts" button to see what has been posted since I last visited. I read what I want, then "Mark Forums Read", so that only new things show up the next time I come back. Not being able to perform that function was driving my OCD crazy.. haha!

·
Registered
186 Posts
This is the only motorcycle board that always tells me that I have threads to read that I've already read. There is also one computer board that suffers the same issue.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mark forums read gives

"Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts