Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did an oil change on my 97 mc22 on Saturday and the bike ran perfectly while it was just doing quick stints around town. I put 10w30 oem Honda oil in it as well as an oem filter for reference. Yesterday I went for a ride out of town and after 10 minutes of running perfect it lost power and would go past 8k rpm, I pulled over and realised the oil light was on but temp was steady (just past the E on the gauge, where it usually sits). Transported the bike home on a trailer and the bike would start and the oil light would turn off and then the bike would die and the light would turn back on, did an oil change and swapped out the oem filter, as it was “really old”-local motorcycle shop. Put a HF111 in it and filled it back up with the 2.4 Litres of 10w30 and now she won’t start, but it’ll sound like it wants too. Some glitter in the old oil, just for reference it was only 20°c yesterday and I wasn’t riding hard because I had a bad feeling (under 10k rpm not passing 80kph) so the oil shouldn’t of gotten too thin. Please help

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have petcock with reserve? Switch to ON when filling tank. Then when bike dies, switch petcock to RESERVE. At which point, you've got about 4 litres petrol left.
Yeah I do have the reserve, I just panicked when I saw the oil light and it wouldn’t fire. Noticed the fuel filter was dry and kicked myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts