1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mine is a cbr250r-std-red variant
engine-mc42 series india.
Peak power at dyno-25bhp

i am planning to get a cbr250r-thai ecu,and putting it on my engine to use the top powerband.

I think its a lil underpowered for 6th gear to pull beyond 138kph(maybe if a get a straight road atleast 10kms,i could go more)

if my plan works,i could unlock the 27bhp @ma bike.
Please guide me if at all the plan works,
and where i can contact someone to send me a thai cbr250r-2011 ecu

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
If you have 25rwhp standard I would not change a thing.. Everyone else dynos @ 23rwhp and its good for 100mph.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
mine is a cbr250r-std-red variant
engine-mc42 series india.
Peak power at dyno-25bhp

i am planning to get a cbr250r-thai ecu,and putting it on my engine to use the top powerband.

I think its a lil underpowered for 6th gear to pull beyond 138kph(maybe if a get a straight road atleast 10kms,i could go more)

if my plan works,i could unlock the 27bhp @ma bike.
Please guide me if at all the plan works,
and where i can contact someone to send me a thai cbr250r-2011 ecu
1. Try ebay motors for the ecu, buy a slip on exhaust as well (if you're set on that route).

2. I can (almost) promise that it wont make much of a difference in how fast it pulls at that speed.

If you have 25rwhp standard I would not change a thing.. Everyone else dynos @ 23rwhp and its good for 100mph.
Dyno readings will always have variations.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Go for a decent brand ECU. Not some Thai crap.

API-Tech (Thai ECU company) have had numerous problems, least of all engines seizing. And that's bikes they've been testing on for over a year, and they still can't get it right.

Go for a Bazzaz to sort out your fuel.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Go for a decent brand ECU. Not some Thai crap.

API-Tech (Thai ECU company) have had numerous problems, least of all engines seizing. And that's bikes they've been testing on for over a year, and they still can't get it right.

Go for a Bazzaz to sort out your fuel.
I was under the impression that the OP meant an ECU off a Thai built bike. Wouldn't it be just the map that's different anyway, I think I read somewhere on this Forum that there's a map upgrade coming for Indian bikes.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i didn't mean some thai crap like he said.

I thought of getting an ecu off mc-41 engine from thailand built bikes.or a brand new oem ecu for mc-41 They give 26.4bhp approx than our mc-41 indian which gives so said 25bhp

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i want confirmation and proof that it works before spending money on some particular ecu.
I am currently saving money for a yoshi/dbkiller exhaust
i thought of buying an ecu too with that.
Thats why the request.
Please enquire whether the trick i said above is possible.

My engine is vibration free at all gearz except 1st.
Hard to reach 7000rpm+ in 1st gear.
All otherz can reach easily at 10krpm,only the sixth gear has lack of power or the pull required to get it past 150.
Unlike my friend ram,who has a blacky cbr250r-(we bought ourz together)
his 5th and 6th feels the same,and he cnt get past 6000rpm,however hard he rev the engine prior shifting to 6th.
Luckily i didnt have that problem.the bike atleast pulls but smooth though.
Checked at dyno.
Ram's bike s at dealership.maybe he wil get sme solutn i thnk.
Mechanics here are working hard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts