Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Michelin Pilot Street Radial tyres on my bike. On the track I am leaning till the foot pegs which wears completely to the edge of the tyres.

I am wanting to install rear sets, but can the bike lean further if there is no more tyre left? Is a different tyre required?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Hang off more.

The more you are on the edge of the tire the less predictable traction will be.

If you have absolutely no amount of unused tread on the side of the tire you have no other option than hanging off more to bring the bike more vertical during cornering.

I would go with a full-sport tire like a Michelin Pilot Power RS (or similar sport/track tire) if they are available in the proper size. That's going to give you the most lean and traction available.

·
Super Moderator
6,924 Posts
To add to what jkv357 said in his post... although the Michelin Pilot Street Radial's are a very good tire choice for everyday street/road riding, the PSR's are far from being the best choice for racetrack use.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Very chirpy tires; great for touring as stated and high mileage and a great all-rounder for wear, dry and wet grip, and comfort. Race tires they are definitely not. I have found the closer to their limits you get, the more unpredictable and unsettling they are. I'm on the bias-ply and not the radials, but all things said and done they perform identically in a track setting and both have the same skiddish nature.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts