Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I saw my first CBR250R in a showroom a couple of weeks ago and I gotta say that I'm VERY impressed. This is hands down the most exciting product to come from Honda in a long while.

I've been riding for about six years. My first bike was a Honda Shadow 750. After a couple of years on it I bought a Yamaha FZ6, and then started touring on it. Two years later (last year) I traded it for a new BMW R1200RT. I've put nearly 30K on the BMW- mostly on long trips including the 2011 Iron Butt Rally.

Here's the beemer.

Anyway, I'm looking for a fun bike for around town and on 2-lane roads (I'll save the BMW on longer rides). Until a month ago I had a running 1970 Honda CL-350 Scrambler as my "second" bike. It took me two years to get it running perfectly, and then the motor literally blew up in front of my driveway a few weeks ago (it was a hoot to ride, but never very reliable at the best of times!)

Here's my old 350. My longest trip on it was about 30 miles.

I'm thinking the CBR250R might be just the ticket for a light, fun bike to replace the CL-350. I've considered larger and pricier bikes (Ducati Monster; various dual sports), but I keep coming back to the 250R.

Looking forward to reading about your 250s.....

·
Registered
112 Posts
For a commuter, I have to say, nothing beats the 250. 70+ Mpg, fuel injection(a.k.a. low maintenance and no warmup time), and good price tag? How do ya beat it for a "sport commuter". The only way to get better is to buy a scooter, but really, what biker wants a scooter?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ah ok...hope you get one.

You will read on this forum just how good they really are. While there are so many things I like about mine, probably the most important features are the engine design for great usable torque around town in commuter mode..especially for a 250, and the awesome fuel economy and EFI ease of use.

Plus it handles well and looks good!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Go for it D-Mac.

My 'main' bike is an 04 FJR outfitted for LD Touring. I bought my CBR about a month ago. This thing is a hoot for bombing around town. I'm avg'ing about 75mpg (US) and the insurance is dirt cheap.

The absolute best part though is after commuting to work all week on the CBR getting on the FJR. OMFG! Feels like Turbo-Nitrous Injected Rolls Royce after!

I'm friends with a couple of your IBR buddies (Peter D., Perry K.) who did the big dance this year. I'm just a lowly Saddlesore cert holder :D

Hum.. wonder if I could be the first guy to do a Saddlesore on a CBR.... and that REALLY would be a Saddlesore!

My bike at the top of Appalachian Gap in Vermont a couple of weeks ago..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey D-Mac,

I'm from mid-mich too. Which showroom did you see the CBR250 in? All the places I've checked have them sold before they hit the loading dock.

·
Registered
879 Posts
WOW I live in michigan also. Just west of Grand Rapids and I also have a yamaha FZ6 and a Yamaha FJR1300. I love that honda 350 scrambler looks great

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey D-Mac,

I'm from mid-mich too. Which showroom did you see the CBR250 in? All the places I've checked have them sold before they hit the loading dock.
There were two at the dealer in Coldwater a few weeks back. I caught them shortly after they hit the showroom. I recall that one had a deposit on it, but apparently it wasn't picked up. Based on what the sales guys were saying I imagine that both are sold by now. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the comments guys. It's good to know that others with larger sport-tourers are enjoying the CBR.

It's gonna be a long winter of anticipation, but at least it's relatively easy to save up for this bike. I might even be able to sneak it into the garage without my wife seeing it.

·
1,305 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys. It's good to know that others with larger sport-tourers are enjoying the CBR.

It's gonna be a long winter of anticipation, but at least it's relatively easy to save up for this bike. I might even be able to sneak it into the garage without my wife seeing it.

i can vouch for the the fact that its incredibly easy to hide behind a Nissan Murano. :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts