Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just because I'm in the Midwest or does it seem like the windshield deflects bugs right into my visor when sitting up...

I have to clean my visor everytime I ride because I'm constantly getting bug splatters. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
230 Posts
You are not alone. My riding jacket is covered from my man boobies up anytime I ride after 8pm round here. I clean my shield almost after every evening ride too.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Same.

If you rain-x the visor the bug guts and whatnot come off easier after the ride. It's one of the few automotive products I haven't dropped in favor of something else in almost 20 years of driving.. the **** just works. In my car above about 20mph I don't even have to turn the wipers on no matter how hard it's raining.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I carry napkins in my left jacket pocket for that very reason. I've had to use 'em mid-trip even on short (<40 miles) trips.

This brings up a question - how do you clean your jacket off?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I carry napkins in my left jacket pocket for that very reason. I've had to use 'em mid-trip even on short (<40 miles) trips.

This brings up a question - how do you clean your jacket off?
Lol...I have the most wonderful and loving wife and honestly in the last nine years have never had to clean it :) I think she uses leather furniture wipes but I am not sure. I dont mind the bug guts but she sure does so I just keep wearing it until its magically clean again.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Just got back from a nice 150 mile evening ride. I will post a pic of my helmet here tomorrow. LOL I could barely see through the shield by the time I got home. Great ride though

·
Registered
350 Posts
Georgia's no exception (and the little buggers are juicy down here).

+1 for Rain-X...

·
Registered
119 Posts
It isn't bad if I ride around in town but as soon as I get on country roads my visor becomes a bug magnet. Doesn't matter what time of day either, only drawback to living in Wisconsin :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I kind of live out in the country and it really doesn't matter the time of day, I get covered with bugs. All my riding gear and the front of my bike are painted with bug guts. I clean my helmet every chance I get. And what I don't understand is how they get on the inside of my helmet.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Is it just because I'm in the Midwest or does it seem like the windshield deflects bugs right into my visor when sitting up...

I have to clean my visor everytime I ride because I'm constantly getting bug splatters. Anyone else have this problem?
Ooh you poor thing,

would you like tissue?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
@missingcalifornia: It's not just the midwest and it's not just this bike. That said, as a new rider, my first extended evening ride last night was eye opening in the bug department. Not exactly sure how the folks I passed riding without helmets could even tolerate it.

@aufitt: Your country has some crazy and unique flora and fauna, it wouldn't surpise me if you have to deal with swarms of bugs the size of birds down there. Or at least the size of ..of.. um well, real real big bugs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts