Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I recall the tank is about 3.4 gallons.
The last line for the fuel gauge starts blinking at .34?

I am putting 2.2 gallons in the tank at 142 miles

Is that last fuel line safe to read off when it blinks?
If i start the bike and leave it on the kick stand it blinks
When I take it off the light stops blinking.

Am i able to get another 60 miles out of the tank when that line is at 1?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've gone 220 miles on a tank of gas a couple of times, I think it took about 3.1-3.2 gallons to fill up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
For me it seems like the last bar blinks when there's at least a gallon left which is kind of BS for me. At that point I'm around ~150 miles. I'm still breaking in my baby though.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm a simple guy - i fill up at 150miles whether it needs it or not. I normally only put 2 or 2.5gal in so I know I could push it if I needed to.

·
Registered
305 Posts
According to the manual, last bar flashes with .34 gal left. Most ppl say you can get a good 30 miles out of that. But some have ended up running out by 16-20 mi. I pushed it to 170 miles last time and ended up putting in 3 gals. So to play it safe I won't go past 170 anymore. :) My friend has a Buell Lightning. It's 998cc's. He was like lucky you. He will run out at 140 miles.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Those who have run the tank dry here report about 3.1 gallons or so.

I'd stick to that as a benchmark. Use the trip meter.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Keep in mind, I only hit 600 miles this week so I am still in the breaking in process. I know mileage will improve after its broken in. :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
I average 170-180 before I'm at the last bar and I fill up. I watch the trip meter more than the gas gauge though. I'm also around the 2.5-2.75 gallon range to fill up with those miles too.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yeah. I've learned from other's not to trust my gauge. So I figured for the time being to just fill up at 170. It would suck running out and having no one to call. lol. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've been tracking my fuel consumption and efficiency on an iPhone app. As of Saturday (750 miles on the odometer), I'm getting ~65 mpg. While not the rated 77mpg, I'm sure the test guy only weighed a buck-ten (I'm a middle-aged mom with curves!) and I have fun letting her rev a bit more than 5K rpms. So, all in all, I'm happy... sure beats the 22mpg my Volvo gets! :cool:

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I've been tracking my fuel consumption and efficiency on an iPhone app. As of Saturday (750 miles on the odometer), I'm getting ~65 mpg. While not the rated 77mpg, I'm sure the test guy only weighed a buck-ten (I'm a middle-aged mom with curves!) and I have fun letting her rev a bit more than 5K rpms. So, all in all, I'm happy... sure beats the 22mpg my Volvo gets! :cool:
my gas mileage improved over time..my lowest miles per gallons came my first several tanks of gas..i consistently stay around mid 70"s now...guess it depends on area your riding and riding style too...I weigh 200 lbs..down from 243 when I got the bike

·
Registered
534 Posts
LOL, mine's been getting a little worse because as I get a little more comfortable I push it a little more. I'm at almost 1,500 miles and went from low 70's to high 60's. Like Angela said though, I'm not complaining because it beats the 14mpg my jeep gets!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts