Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sept 25th my Red ABS CBR250RAB is due in! Still almost 7 weeks away but at least I got a date. I'm excited. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
****, is it really that hard to find these bikes? My local dealer always has two on the showroom floor, an ABS and a Standard, and they have numerous others in the back in crates. I guess being in the South, more folks are interested in big cruisers or higher cc sport-bikes, and the demand isn't as high here.

·
Registered
64 Posts
****, is it really that hard to find these bikes? My local dealer always has two on the showroom floor, an ABS and a Standard, and they have numerous others in the back in crates. I guess being in the South, more folks are interested in big cruisers or higher cc sport-bikes, and the demand isn't as high here.
Which dealer is that?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know why my dealer could not get any all summer. It has frustrated them & me. Releasing this bike to the world with limited manufacturing from 2 assembly areas no doubt kept demand high but I think many did not wait & bought something else. Some dealers got bikes & others did not. Go figure. Honda has long had a good reputation for their engineering excellence. Unfortunately, the promotion on this little beauty preceeded its release, and then its release was highly limited & sporatic. I know I'm not getting any younger waiting for mine to arrive, but I am still highly excited about getting it. Sept 25 should be here before I know it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Man! I thought I was exercising patience, now I know what a saint is. You will love it when you get it, that is all I know. Congratulations!

·
Registered
102 Posts
You will definitely love it. Though I think were it me, I would look around town to see if any other dealers in town have a Ninja 250 or Ninja 650 in stock, or with a shorter delivery time, unless of course you just want a CBR.

I didn't have a preference when I went looking, but as it turned out, my local Honda dealer is awesome. At first I was looking at Dual Sports, but decided that learning to ride on a bike that I could flat-foot is a better option. So I started looking at sport bikes and naked bikes. The only bike in my pricerange in town was the CBR250r, and after riding it for a week or so, it is more than enough for me for a long time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had the same experience as Montgomery. I walked in and had 4 bikes to choose from. Granted since all were NON-ABS and only 2 colors i guess i only had 2 to choose from but my dealer seemed to have no problem with inventory of 250's. I'm in Nashville so maybe it is the SOUTH.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts