Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent more time than I will admit on trying to get the mirrors to work for me. I have wide shoulders and a teeny tiny sport bike.

_any_ tips getting the mirrors to work for me would be greatly appreciated. Currently I lean to the left to look behind me on the right, and vice versa. This is kinda getting old. I'm used to being more aware of what's all around me. I'm getting real close to bending the stock ones down a bit.

Any mirror stalk mods available besides these butt ugly harley lookin' chrome ones? I mean chrome on a honda . . . seriously?

Kuryakyn Trident Mirrors - Street Bike 2011 Honda CBR250R - Motorcycle Superstore

Thoughts on adjustments? What worked for you if you're wide like me?

'njoy,
awk

·
Registered
681 Posts
I had the same issue but after working with them a bit I was able to get them adjusted pretty well. I just tried to moved them as far out as I could and then adjusted the mirrors themselves.

They're far from perfect but with a little leaning I've kind of gotten used to them.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have to lean a bit to look too but not to the point it's troublesome. I think you can adjust the mirror arm itself... That's what I've heard but haven't tried that.

·
Registered
210 Posts
They are too narrow for me as well (I'm 5'10"). I can't look directly behind me without tucking in an elbow. But I appreciate this narrowness when I'm splitting lanes with a couple inches on either side

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I've never come across a bike where the mirrors are perfect. I tend to adjust them for different situations; in town different from open road etc.

Develop that glance over your shoulder; it may be a life saver.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I havent stopped adjusting on the mirrors for the week ive had the bike...so far ive figured i can have them half full of my image but see behind me halfway decent but not be able to see a big rig riding next to me..or not see behind me at all but see if somethings coming up beside me...one or the other, no inbetween...even turning my head i am not able to see as far back as id like to be able to cuz my full face helmet restricts part of my peripheral view...think im gonna try some of those little stick on square or round ones stuck to the outside part of mirror

1 - 6 of 6 Posts