Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are vibration-isolators available for the CBR? I see them for stem-mount bikes but nothing really for sport bikes. My bike doesn't seem to vibrate any more than what would be considered normal, but I can't see anything more than a blur of color.

Also, anyone know of any good mirror extenders? I can't see much beyond my shoulders.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
638 Posts
Does anyone know if there are vibration-isolators available for the CBR? I see them for stem-mount bikes but nothing really for sport bikes. My bike doesn't seem to vibrate any more than what would be considered normal, but I can't see anything more than a blur of color.
Hi, the original mirrors in the CBR250R (2011-2013) are considered excellent:
  • Not shaking at all,
  • And also relatively their distance from the center of the motorcycle is large enough to allow a good visibility to the rear.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Plant

To solve the problem you presented, you may want to start with the issue of vibrations?
The fringe is fastened in place with all the necessary rubber(cushions) and bolts?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Also, anyone know of any good mirror extenders? I can't see much beyond my shoulders.
An Aftermarket mirrors are usually shorter, at least to the best of my knowledge, and this is to make it easier to pass between cars, or for design reasons.

Reactions: Big Cahuna

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
An Aftermarket mirrors are usually shorter, at least to the best of my knowledge, and this is to make it easier to pass between cars, or for design reasons.

I'm pretty wide in the shoulders so I may just go with a 3rd bar-end mirror. Maybe some sheets of rubber stacked under the mount and some rubber washers for the screws would help dampen the vibration.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
That's not normal. The only time my mirrors blur at all is at highway speeds. Around town they're excellent and always clear. Maybe you threw a wheel weight and have a tire out of balance or something? How's your front fork?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's not normal. The only time my mirrors blur at all is at highway speeds. Around town they're excellent and always clear. Maybe you threw a wheel weight and have a tire out of balance or something? How's your front fork?
It's more of a high frequency vibration. Forks appear straight and not leaking. Now that I think about it, it happened after swapping my windscreen. Maybe I pinched a grommet. I'll go over that and see if that was it.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I may just go with a 3rd bar-end mirror.
Then what will you do with the weights? The weights should not be lowered from the handlebars, as the weights prevent shaking on the handlebars which can be very dangerous.
And also, the original mirrors? So when I claim you can clearly see through them what is happening behind, it's because they are already going beyond the handlebars. I measured the distance between the handles weights = 71cm (Compared to the maximum distance between the mirrors = 86 cm).
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Rim

Maybe it will help you stick small panoramic mirrors at the far end of each mirror?
In any case, I think you might want to deal with the issue of vibration first.

·
Registered
638 Posts
The problem was loose screws and a mis-aligned fairing. I readjusted everything and I now have a functional mirror.
Thanks for the update(y)(y)(y)

Reactions: Big Cahuna
1 - 9 of 9 Posts