Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about those mirrors? I found this retailer on ebay selling no name mirrors (label is far):

6784+6785 PAAR SPIEGEL RÜCKSPIEGEL HONDA CBR 250 R 2011 MOTORRAD VERKLEIDUNG | eBay

To me it looks like these mirros are way too short, I don't think you can see what's going on behind you if you're sitting on your bike. :frown2:
At the moment I have the standard mirrors but they are exactly at the same height as most car mirros which is very annoying when I'm doing lane splitting.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Are you still located in Germany? If so then you should check whether these have an ABE number. Without that you'll be screwed at the next TüV inspection or if you get pulled over by police....which will most likely happen sooner or later if you do lane splitting which is illegal here. ;)

Apart from that you are right, they look awfully short but maybe someone here has some actual experience with them and can shed some light on that issue.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I'm located in Germany but I'm pretty sure those mirrors will not have a ABE number or even a simple part number. :|

Oh that's right, Lane splitting is illegal here but in my town it's completely tolerated by the police. It's like you can park your motorcycle on every sidewalk wherever you want, it might be not legal but it is also tolerated. In the last few years of riding I never saw a cop complaining when scooters and motorcycles were lane splitting through traffic. 0:)

So true, they look way too short but what confuses me the most is that the mirror will point pretty much upwards.... :surprise:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts