Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious as to what modifications i can do to my cbr250r to make it top out at a higher speed, more torque, higher maximum rpms and overall a higher horsepower. this is my first bike and not an expensive one so i want to mod it instead of buy a bigger bike to get some experience turning wrenches and working on bikes. Ideas ive had are better air intake, ECU, exhaust system and something with the carb. Im open to any and all ideas and will give them a shot.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
148 Posts
I am curious as to what modifications i can do ...this is my first bike and not an expensive one so i want to mod it instead of buy a bigger bike...
Congratulations on your new CBR250R purchase!
Enjoy good and safe rides!
A serious upgrade will cost you a price that is already worth getting a bigger motorcycle. There are things you can do in a normal maintenance that could improve the riding experience, like:
  • Check, and if necessary, then also adjust the valves.
  • What is the condition of your exhaust, because in the originally there is a built-in catalytic converter, if it is clogged, opening it will give you another boost.
  • How the engine slides into a high RPM, perhaps you consider to maintenance the fuel system.
  • When the last time replaced: Start-Plug? Air-Filter? Oil? chain & Gear set?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I am curious as to what modifications i can do to my cbr250r to make it top out at a higher speed, more torque, higher maximum rpms and overall a higher horsepower. this is my first bike and not an expensive one so i want to mod it instead of buy a bigger bike to get some experience turning wrenches and working on bikes. Ideas ive had are better air intake, ECU, exhaust system and something with the carb. Im open to any and all ideas and will give them a shot.
Not much you can really do for any of those goals. Honda's pretty much fully optimised engine and there's absolutely zero parts you can bolt on that'll improve on it. As with any modern hot-rodding, best performance-gains start from inside out along with software changes. So you'll need to:

• install larger high-compression forged pistons (have to use +91 octane petrol always)
  • install forged con-rods for higher-RPMs
  • knife-edge and balance crank for above
  • install larger back-cut valves with fully-radiused seats
  • port/polish head
  • install hotter cam with specs for high-RPM HP (will lose low-end torque and be slower in lower half of RPM-range)
  • larger throttle-body
  • custom free-flow exhaust
  • custom larger intake w/free-flow filter
  • install aftermarket standalone programmable EFI system to tune for new specs above

In end, after all above, you may see +5-7 hp max for $6000.
Or sell your bike and buy CBR600RR for $4000 and get +100 hp easily. It revs to 15500 RPMs and will go +75mph faster top-speed!!! :) I bought mine for $2500 over 10-yrs ago.

·
Registered
30 Posts
In end, after all above, you may see +5-7 hp max for $6000.
Or sell your bike and buy CBR600RR for $4000 and get +100 hp easily. It revs to 15500 RPMs and will go +70mph faster top-speed!!! :) I bought mine for $2500 over 10-yrs ago.
I agree with this

1 - 6 of 6 Posts