Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need suggestions on removing all passenger related items on my CBR250R. Passenger seats & such should be a option when you buy a sport bike. The hand holds weight about 1pound themselves. Home modification ideas or pics of you home modifications would be great. thanks

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Need suggestions on removing all passenger related items on my CBR250R. Passenger seats & such should be a option when you buy a sport bike. The hand holds weight about 1pound themselves. Home modification ideas or pics of you home modifications would be great. thanks
Keep checking here. There are plenty of people posting about how they have modified thier CBR250's to improve performance and to suit their personality.

Good luck and post pictures!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Tyga sells a replacement for the whole rear section. I think they call it a gp style single seat conversion kit. It has a built in fender eliminator and gets rid of the whole pillion assembly.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mods for customization not speed

The Mods im looking to do is for making the bike a single seater, & cleaning up the look of the bike. Im more into mods people do themselves versus buying aftermarket parts
I say if you need a Passenger get a car. Or buy your wife her own bike.
The Cbr has plenty of speed for the twisty roads.
thanks for the input

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Tyga's setup is only $300, very neat and cheaper than buying a seat cowl, fender elim, and exhaust bracket.

Google is your friend.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Genuine Honda Seat Cowl $160-$300

Unbolt left hand Footpeg Free (I have a rego tube on mine $30)

M4 exhaust $350 (I think)

That good enough.

Tyga also sell an exhaust holder for bigger exhausts for like $30 odd

(all prices AUD)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the picture of the cowl, just want im looking for. Took my passenger handholds off & put them on a milling machine. I Removed the outer part & ended up with plugs for were the hand holds went.
Next milling off the right side passenger foot mounts & guard.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks for the picture of the cowl, just want im looking for. Took my passenger handholds off & put them on a milling machine. I Removed the outer part & ended up with plugs for were the hand holds went.
Next milling off the right side passenger foot mounts & guard.

Why not get the tyga exhaust mount and save butchering the stock pegs?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I seen a picture of the Tyga mount, i just might build my own. Prefer to keep $ in my pocket were i can. My time is free, and i have a access to welders & milling machines, etc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts