Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive been reading some of the threads on the forums and ive got some really good idea id like to try with the bike. ive also had a bit of experience with engines in my time, but not really bikes, so help would be great.

firstly, the new powerbands idea sounds great, but i was wondering if i could change where the powerband is because there isnt much power when i pull away from traffic lights. can i do this by getting a stronger chain or removing my exhaust pipe?

secondly, the front brakes have crazy power. i barely pulled the lever today and i almost did a front flip. is it possible to lower the power of the brakes somehow? could i take some fluid out of the brake lines to make them a bit weaker, so its not so dangerous when stopping.

thirdly, i was wondering how i could reduce the weight like another member said. so far my list include removing the plastic side covers, remove bar ends, remove pillion seat, get rid of screen, starter motor, battery, and put maybe half the recommended level of fluids in. like half a tank of fuel max, a litre of oil, and fill the radiator halfway. i figure that should save a few kilos and help me accelerate faster.

and lastly, the speakers idea is a great idea. but i was thinking of taking it one step further, im thinking of making it into a 5.1 surround sound system. so like, two speakers attached to the front forks, one in the middle of the bars, and two off the sides of the pillion seat, and put a sub underneath the riders seat. but this speakers idea will require me to put the battery back so i can power the sound system, and the whole lot will add a tiny bit of weight, which is alright i guess.

any help is great, thanks guys.

·
Registered
928 Posts
You can remove the front brakes and save weight. I also cut away some of the frame and replaced it with plastic ties.
I also taped my laptop, ipod and phone to the tank.
Mounted a periscope to the bars so I can use that stuff without lookin up.
I took off the chain and converted it to shaft drive.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Wow I so hope the OP is joking

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no im not joking? just because some other idiots came over here and caused some trouble doesnt mean every new member is one of them. i really want help with my bike and the mods.

trapper taping the laptop to the tank is a stupid idea, its just distracting and will probably cause an accident. i really hope you havent done that :S
doesnt modifying the frame make it unroadworthy? if not, how did you get an engineering certificate for the mods and how much did it cost to get it checked out?
and the shaft drive thing sounds interesting, can you explain how it works, it sounds like the sort of thing i want to do, or were you joking about that too?

thanks again

·
Registered
928 Posts
You will only have an accident if you crash. Dont crash.
My electronics arent distracting, hence the periscope!
Yes I used parts off an old toy pedal tractor for the shaft drive.
I got the engineering cerificate on the internet, $29.95

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow, this is gay. you actually wont help a genuine member? and you guys have been saying the people at cbr250.com are pathetic. i dont think so, maybe they will help me out.

thanks for nothing.

·
Registered
706 Posts
wow, this is gay. you actually wont help a genuine member? and you guys have been saying the people at cbr250.com are pathetic. i dont think so, maybe they will help me out.

thanks for nothing.
Considering after 10 min of looking at other threads I can see everything you said is mocking the forum. Get a life.......... This forum does suck though. Way too many noobs trying to talk down the few of us here that actually know a thing or two...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how did i look at the threads for 10 minutes? i joined up like half an hour ago, ive been reading other peoples comments on stuff for ages because i want to make my cbr better?

·
Registered
706 Posts
how did i look at the threads for 10 minutes? i joined up like half an hour ago, ive been reading other peoples comments on stuff for ages because i want to make my cbr better?
Well the front brakes are weak.... but you say they are too strong........ Then you want to make it lighter? It already weighs nothing. Go ahead and try using less oil... I dare you... but it's your problem when the oil pump isn't pumping any oil because all the oil is sitting in the filter and other cavities therefore not pumping. And the worst one, you talk about weight reduction but then want to add about 50 lbs of sound stuff to it. You would effectively have a heavier and uglier bike even if you did take everything off that wasn't essential.

·
Registered
24 Posts
so ive been reading some of the threads on the forums and ive got some really good idea id like to try with the bike. ive also had a bit of experience with engines in my time, but not really bikes, so help would be great.

firstly, the new powerbands idea sounds great, but i was wondering if i could change where the powerband is because there isnt much power when i pull away from traffic lights. can i do this by getting a stronger chain or removing my exhaust pipe?

secondly, the front brakes have crazy power. i barely pulled the lever today and i almost did a front flip. is it possible to lower the power of the brakes somehow? could i take some fluid out of the brake lines to make them a bit weaker, so its not so dangerous when stopping.

thirdly, i was wondering how i could reduce the weight like another member said. so far my list include removing the plastic side covers, remove bar ends, remove pillion seat, get rid of screen, starter motor, battery, and put maybe half the recommended level of fluids in. like half a tank of fuel max, a litre of oil, and fill the radiator halfway. i figure that should save a few kilos and help me accelerate faster.

and lastly, the speakers idea is a great idea. but i was thinking of taking it one step further, im thinking of making it into a 5.1 surround sound system. so like, two speakers attached to the front forks, one in the middle of the bars, and two off the sides of the pillion seat, and put a sub underneath the riders seat. but this speakers idea will require me to put the battery back so i can power the sound system, and the whole lot will add a tiny bit of weight, which is alright i guess.

any help is great, thanks guys.
hey sibby,

i'm going to assume you are just someone who has no experience with bikes. changing the chain will not increase low end torque. removing the exhaust probably will increase power, but it is illegal.

the front brake, from all accounts i've read, are not strong compared to most bikes. you need to understand that your right hand controls how strongly the brakes grab. if the "bike" is braking too hard, you need to pull more gently and progressively on the front brake lever. under no circumstance should you ever remove brake fluid below the minimum requirements. this can result in brake failure, and then death.

removing things to save weight is fine (windscreen, passenger seat, etc), but only as long as they don't compromise the safety of the bike. no fluids whatsoever should be taken below minimum. you do realize they are there for a reason. also, removing a few ounces of fluid wont save you any perceptible amount of weight.

if you are concerned about weight saving, then it is not logical to add a sound system, which will probably weigh at least a few pounds.

finally, if you actually are a troll, then you are wasting my time and the time of other members here. but hey, it's a free country. trolls will be trolls.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts