Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever wondered how much it costs to commute in a plug-in car versus a hybrid or a gas-only model? After we published our exclusive comparison test among three different plug-in electric vehicles, many people asked us to test additional fuel-conscious options.

We always wonder, yes, now someone has finally done the test! click here to find out what is the most fuel efficient

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would take the train if need be esp during rush hour peak times and high volume traffic times where, commuting in public transit is just easier and more time saving.

·
745 Posts
Interesting comparison, but most people in the US don't work or live within a few blocks of a train station. To make the comparison more real-world, you need to add in something for getting from the train station to your house and/or office.

I use mass transit when I can - Raleigh (NC) has a decent bus system. However, if I want to go East or West from my office, the quickest way is to walk 1/2 mile south to catch a crosstown bus - no bus runs south on my street with any kind of connecting schedule. Most people can't or won't do that.

When I was in Paris, somewhat different - the commuter train ran from next to my hostel to almost anywhere I wanted to go. However, I still had to catch a ride to the office I was working in each morning.

The cbr250 will be used mainly to commute from the rural area where I live to my office in Raleigh. The plan is to save gas $$, the hope is to make the ride to work a positive rather than a minus. Reality is that the investment + maintenance + insurance is going to net about the same as my previous transportation, but I hope to enjoy it a lot more.

Luke

1 - 3 of 3 Posts