Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like a great time and not too expensive. A general admission ticket for all three days is $60 and five day tent camping with toilets and showers is only $50. Check in Thursday night and leave Monday morning. I would assume that all the factories and vendors will have events. The lady I talked to assured me that it never sells out so I'm going to get all my camping gear and luggage (and alarm) for the CBR250R ready and make plans to go. I can watch the weather about a week ahead and decide for sure. It's 680 miles for me so just within reach of a good twelve hour day without having to plan a layover. I'm more psyched about Indy than Americade even though it is closer. See you there!
Red Bull Indianapolis GP - Indianapolis Motor Speedway

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Among the less interesting of the MotoGP venues, in my opinion.

The Laguna Seca track is more interesting, but probably too far away for you. The Corkscrew looks amazing, and must take some guts to race down. An American acquaintance, who is based here in Phuket, has been to the Laguna Seca event and really enjoyed it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
27 - 29 July 2012
Moto Grand Prix of USA
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Monterey
2012 MotoGP of the USA at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 27 - 29 July 2012 - Official tickets available at GPtickets.com - USA GP Tickets
This would be a 330 mile trip for me from Los Angeles 90% of the way north to San Francisco. Maybe take a small group of LA based 250 riders up. Hmmmm
Thanks for the idea, Sendler. You can join us and become an iron butt rider all in one go.
Just don't fall asleep *ucking on your cross country ride over !!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I went to Laguna Seca for the MotoGP race last year. Having grown up about 2 hours from there I used to go all the time with my dad. If you can go I highly recommend it. Buy some grandstand seats around turn 4; you can hike the rest track all you want but it's nice to come back and have a seat if you need one.

Video from last year sitting in the turn 4 grandstands. (sorry for the shaky cell phone video)
Laguna 2011 MotoGP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts