Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried these Sport saddlebags with a CBR250 yet? I would like to see pics if possible. Looks nice, found them online MotoCentric is the brand.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I currently use the Cortech Sports Tailbag on my CBR250. It's just wide enough for my laptop and other stuff for commuting. It works great. I had just purchased a set of Cortech Sports Saddlebag, which can be used in conjunction of the Tailbag, as one system. I will take a picture if them (individually and together) once I receive it. Probably after Christmas.

Cheers,

·
Registered
206 Posts
they look alot like the cortech bags you can see them on my bike if you click on my gallery. If you also do a search for cortech you can see them on other bikes. Take note on also considering building a pvc brace to keep them off the tire. I learned the hard way :mad:. The construction of such brace should be found in the same search as cortech. iirc.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
999 Posts
I have those bags. I like them but they're the only ones I've ever had so I can't compare them to anything else.

They hold a lot and seem to be well built. One problem is the rain covers that come with them don't look like they would stay on. The straps that hold the bags to the bike (keeping them from sliding fore & fro) impede the cover from going all around the bag securely. My solution is to keep a couple small garbage bags in the outer pockets. If it rains, I stuff my stuff in the garbage bags toi keep it dry.

Looking from the rear, because of the shape of the 250's tail the bags don't sit vertical but rather the bottoms lean inward. This is because I have the small straps cinched tight so the bags can't move even the littlest bit. Though they taper inward at the bottom they don't go in far enough to impede the rear tire. Everything clears just fine and they don't flop around.

Another thing is I'm not sure if they'll work on a bike with a fender eliminator.
My bike is stock and there's about three inches of clearance between the bags and the turn signals. I don't know where the fender eliminators relocate the signals but it could be a problem.

I would show pictures but the camera's battery is dead. I have it on the charger right now but it'll be a few hours until it's ready. When it is I'll take a couple pics and post them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I also bought the sport saddle bags and matching top bag for a trip I did in September. Very well made, holds all I needed for a weekend trip and then some. Also bought the 7 litre (smallest) tank bag from motocentric. very pleased.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I should have mentioned that the tank bag in my pic is the MotoCentric 14 liter.

I took my saddlebags off yesterday for the heck of it and rode my bike to the job today (didn't need the company work truck today). Come lunch time everyone wanted me to make a store run. I'm putting the saddle bags back on tonight and they're never coming off again. Riding down the freeway with three plastic bags around your wrists flapping in the wind is not cool :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts