Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
nice report :) the only bad thing was the change to the fuel system down from 70MPG to 50MPG :mad: I'm 250lbs with RACE TECH suspension front springs ,oil,rear shock :D man its great on the canyon roads:eek:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
nice report :) the only bad thing was the change to the fuel system down from 70MPG to 50MPG :mad: I'm 250lbs with RACE TECH suspension front springs ,oil,rear shock :D man its great on the canyon roads:eek:
You're right - it is certainly something to consider. Then again - this is just one instance. It didn't appear that the poor mileage figure was obtained through systematic and rigorous scientific analysis. Perhaps he merely rode the bike a lot harder after installation of the fuel controller. It will be interesting to see what others find, perhaps under more controlled testing.

I must admit too that I really like the video eye-candy in that review even though I agree that it was short on content. But I also find it annoying to hear reviewers make comments that are meant to "remind" viewers that the bike isn't really that fast. Like we need that kind of astute wisdom. Or in the case of Motorcycle Daily, the comment "Look. This might not be the right bike for an experienced rider who is an adrenalin junkie". No $hit Dirck !?!??! I am so disappointed. I thought that this one-lunger with 26 hp would show comparable acceleration to the CBR1000R!?!?! Thanks for including that - I had no idea! :rolleyes:

Alternatively, I would like to see the same kind of review of a CBR1000R end with "Look. This might not be the right bike for someone who thinks this motorcycle will corner as easily as a CBR250R". :D

With the CBR250R, it seems reviewers always have to caution the reader - to make sure they don't get the impression that the bike is too good or too fun. Granted no one bike does everything for all people. But the CBR250R certainly does everything I want it to - including some long distance touring and camping. Take the bike for a test ride. Decide for yourself if it is the kind of bike you want to ride. Don't let Dirck Decide!

Mike

·
Registered
455 Posts
once you add a fuel box and exhaust, you cant help yourself from rolling the throttle wide open at all times. pure fun.
however for those that are concerned, you have 2 maps. you can get a switch for 75 and just flip between maps. keep the stock tuning and then your sport tuning on the other and flip between them.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Would have liked more data but the review backed up what I noticed with my bike after yosh exhaust and Bazzaz installation. And yes, I agree as well, I find myself wanting to open the throttle wide open lol:D.

I have learned many posters on this forum have owned or still own bigger and more expensive bikes and find this bike tons of fun. They bring in years of riding experience therefore I agree we don't need to be told by reviewers what or what not to expect from owning a quartr liter bike. Guess it's their attempt to present a thorough review. For my part I don't feel a need to apologise or hang my head in shame for owning a 250 and actually prefering it to my others as the "fun factor" is heads above the others:eek:

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
I'm interested in seeing their dyno and report on it, if somebody can post it up when it's released.

Also, did they use the $819 or $379 Bazzaz Z-Fi?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
"Look........this might not be the right bike for an experienced rider who is an adrenaline junkie , but we where surprised how much our experienced test riders enjoyed this simple single-cylinder light weight bike , at the price it might be a great second bike or a bike to bring your spouse or significant other into the sport"

hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahha....thanks buddy :D

experts ... you got to love them !

my baby doesn't like when they talk down about her :mad:

to all non-experianced riders , take it from no expert (me) you NEVER out-grow or master a ANY SIZE motorcycle.

would love to see this guy get his camera & pull up next to someone like DoubleRGirl at the red light and say- hey did your spouse get that for you so you can learn how to ride ? :cool: then she could bazzaaazz him to next week :D

nice video but easy on the wheelies and watch out for the dummies on bicycles.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Would have liked more data but the review backed up what I noticed with my bike after yosh exhaust and Bazzaz installation. And yes, I agree as well, I find myself wanting to open the throttle wide open lol:D.

I have learned many posters on this forum have owned or still own bigger and more expensive bikes and find this bike tons of fun. They bring in years of riding experience therefore I agree we don't need to be told by reviewers what or what not to expect from owning a quartr liter bike. Guess it's their attempt to present a thorough review. For my part I don't feel a need to apologise or hang my head in shame for owning a 250 and actually prefering it to my others as the "fun factor" is heads above the others:eek:
Thats me, 1200, 900, 650 cc size has been in my past. I cant tell you how much of a relief it is to ride a light as hell motorcycle. The other were faster but extra heft kills a lot of the fun factor.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm interested in seeing their dyno and report on it, if somebody can post it up when it's released.

Also, did they use the $819 or $379 Bazzaz Z-Fi?
The bigger price one has quick shift but the fuel controller is the same. I think he mentioned they did put quick shift on it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Not exactly a 20 MPG drop. The reviewer said fuel mileage went "from near 70 to mid 50's."
Still, most 600's can fairly easily achieve mid-50's. I can't imagine the power increase being worth it on this bike (e.g., if wanted sub-par mileage, I'd just buy a CBR600RRA and have *real* power). :mad:

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Thats me, 1200, 900, 650 cc size has been in my past. I cant tell you how much of a relief it is to ride a light as hell motorcycle. The other were faster but extra heft kills a lot of the fun factor.
:D:DGood to hear! Biggest I've rode is a 1000cc and although it was a dream to ride the heftyness was a downer. Could take the thing in excess of a 100mph with no problem and not feel it, solid on the road, but the fun factor on the light 250 exceeds the 1000cc. Not regreting this purchase:)

·
Registered
999 Posts
It's not the size of the bike but what you can do with it.
I was absolutely thrilled to discover that I can do more, much more with my little 250 than I ever could with my bigger bikes. they were all fat heavy pigs compared to the CBR250R.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The CBR250R has been a great 1st bike, however I have a dilemma. I intended this to be a starter bike and then move on, but I like it to much to sell. I must admit I love the raw power of my brother's R1, but I love the nimbleness and comfort of my 250 just as much. So my dilemma is that I want both. I just can't afford both.

My solution at the moment:
I will keep my 250 another season, mod it for comfort and power, ride the living daylights out of it, then reevaluate my mood next season.

Now please don't pass judgement on me or anyone for modding a 250. It's not about thinking it will be as fast as a 600 by no means! I just have this insatiable appetite for customizing everything I own.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts