Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of you with question on where your fuel goes, or where the engine is, here are a few simple diagrams to assist you..

·
745 Posts
Wow... What useful information... Since you posted it on a forum dedicated to the CBR250, one might assume the information is specific to that bike. I wasn't aware my CBR250R had:

• Choke lever
  • Clutch Fluid reservoir
  • Fuel tank lid
  • Fairing Pocket
  • Tool kit
  • Idle speed adjusting knob
  • Shelter lid Lock
  • TCS switch (much less TCS)
Pity, isn't it, when condescending attempts to parade your superior knowledge and at the same time belittle those who aren't as supremely accomplished as you are actually reveals how little you know?

P.S. - Neither diagram shows the engine location...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I don't see the Plasti-dip reservoir.

Seriously. These could be pretty useful to a new rider if they were for the right bike. (yes, I know they're in the manual)

·
Registered
706 Posts
For all of you with question on where your fuel goes, or where the engine is, here are a few simple diagrams to assist you..

That first picture is more misleading then helpful... 2nd one is still the wrong bike but mostly applicable. Didn't realize that we had an intake duct /sarcasm

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That first picture is more misleading then helpful... 2nd one is still the wrong bike but mostly applicable. Didn't realize that we had an intake duct /sarcasm
Seeing as how neither you or luke realized, the entire thread is sarcasm.

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
A diagram specific to the CBR250R would be much more helpful to new owners of the bike, as it would show the location of the Flux Capacitor, as well as the Afterburner Diodes. Last night when I got home from my ride, the Flux Capacitor was glowing bright red... not cool man. You would think that a $4000.00 motorcycle would have a decent FC right from the get go. My Harbor Freight FC installation tool is almost worn out. It serves me right for buying a sub standard tool. Live and learn.

Guess if I wasn't so hell bent for riding into the future, I'd get longer life from the stock Flux Capacitors. The old man who lives next door to me, is a retired physicist from Los Alamos National Laboratory. He has been working on a FC heat dissipation module, but the problem is that his prototype is the size of a Toyota Prius, so unless he can shrink it down to fit next to my tool kit hex wrench, I'm SOL. That old man is crazy smart though, he's got a pocket protector, and he's always walking around his backyard, working out some kind of calculations on his slide rule. Like I said, crazy smart.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Not true - I caught the sarcasm immediately, among other characteristics.
Same, I was only pointing out that it was poorly executed.

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
SM has great diagrams of the bike.

If anyone would like to know.
Does your S/M show the Flux Capacitor? I think my S/M is defective, cause those pages are missing, and a couple pages have been redacted. What the heck is the world coming to?

Now the pop-up advertisements are trying to sell me a Toyota Prius... whats up with that?

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
Mine does.

I drew it in to help me out when I work on my bike.;)
Nice!... guess that's what I'll have to do too. You just don't get much for $70.00 any more do you? I bet Helm's will want us to buy a supplemental S/M.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Oh yah but how do you sharpen the wheels? Mine seems rough when I ride on (not over) railroad tracks. Should I take it to the dealer or just sue Honda.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I diagram specific to the CBR250R would be much more helpful to new owners of the bike, as it would show the location of the Flux Capacitor, as well as the Afterburner Diodes. Last night when I got home from my ride, the Flux Capacitor was glowing bright red... not cool man. You would think that a $4000.00 motorcycle would have a decent FC right from the get go. My Harbor Freight FC installation tool is almost worn out. It serves me right for buying a sub standard tool. Live and learn.

Guess if I wasn't so hell bent for riding into the future, I'd get longer life from the stock Flux Capacitors. The old man who lives next door to me, is a retired physicist from Los Alamos National Laboratory. He has been working on a FC heat dissipation module, but the problem is that his prototype is the size of a Toyota Prius, so unless he can shrink it down to fit next to my tool kit hex wrench, I'm SOL. That old man is crazy smart though, he's got a pocket protector, and he's always walking around his backyard, working out some kind of calculations on his slide rule. Like I said, crazy smart.

You can always trust a man with a pocket protector and an extreme knowledge of physics.

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
Oh yah but how do you sharpen the wheels? Mine seems rough when I ride on (not over) railroad tracks. Should I take it to the dealer or just sue Honda.
Plasti Dip could solve all your problems, my friend, and just maybe end world hunger. I'm not 100% sure about that, though.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I figured it out, just cut out chunks of the tires to lighten it up, should get better gas mileage too.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I figured it out, just cut out chunks of the tires to lighten it up, should get better gas mileage too.
I just push mine. 15 miles to work 15 back home, ultimate hypermiling. I get unlitmited mpg, kiss my grits prius.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts