Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Charlotte, North Carolina and we are required to have yearly state inspections....Where can I get one of these done? I am assuming dealerships do but they are closed today so I can't find out. Anyone lives in this area that knows?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Look here -,-

NCDOT: Vehicle Emissions & Safety Inspection

The vehicle inspection can be performed at any of the 7,500 licensed inspection stations throughout the state.

Your state isn't too big, I'm sure 1 of those 7,500 stations are around you.

There is even a button on that page to "find an inspection station near you".

I live in California and I figured that out, Google is your friend.

·
Registered
617 Posts
In my state (Maine) a motorcycle needs to be inspected by or at a motorcycle inspection station, which to my knowledge is never the same as an automobile inspection station.
Most motorcycle inspection people are fellow bikers, and fairly lenient so far.

Rick

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
We have something similar over here, it's called the MOT test (Ministry Of Transport) or more fondly known as the MOTTY (slang for vagina over here). It's once a year for any car or motorcycle over 3 years old (I think it's a bit different for Taxis and public service vehicles). Basically, it's to check if your vehicle is roadworthy. This includes checking brakes, tyres etc. but also includes exhaust volume, so if we have an aftermarket pipe on, it's got to be EU or BS stamped with the baffles fitted, otherwise it's a fail. ;)

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I almost forgot about my inspection this year. Here in Massachusetts it's $15 yearly and you have to get it done before June 1. Hardest part is remembering since we start riding here around April and the sticker is good for a while. You tend to forget you have to do it.
Best resource for info is the RMV site for your state. There are a lot of small bike shops around here that do inspections as well as dealers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
In my country we have to bring our cars and motorcycle to inspection every two years. It costs between 60 and 90 Euro.

Last time I failed it because the brake lever was a bit bent. The you have two weeks of solving the issue and have to pay another 20 Euros.:sneaky:

---edit---
I just realized this thread is almost ten years old...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts