Has anyone taken the Advanced Riders Course? I'm wondering what all is taught in that course. The only insight they gave us at the end of the BRC about the advanced course was that we would need to provide our own bike.
I'm sure this varies depending on the particular group doing the instruction, but typically at least the following:
(1) High(er) speed braking/swerving (emergency maneuvers).
(2) Lots of Slalom and parking lot work with cones.
(3) Some 'throttle control' exercises.
(4) Corner and braking in corners (i.e., 'Trail Braking')
(5) Group riding techniques/formation
(6) Some classroom time about various 'defensive riding' techniques
Regardless of the content variations, whatever course you choose will be extremely valuable (and enjoyable!).