Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, times finally about here for my MSF course...starts this friday at 5:30pm till 9pm, then sat and sun 6:30am till 2pm. Been keeping my eye on the extended forecast and wouldn't ya know we have a 30% chance of thunderstorms both sat and sun. I know they will still have the class if it's raining but it's going to suck if we get some lightning and thunder mixed in with it and they have to reschedule...i'm hoping for the best though. 30% chance of storms means 70% chance of a nice day...i'll keep my fingers crossed. I wouldn't mind a little rain during the riding portion, would give me some experience on wet pavement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
It rained during my MSF course on the second day. Nothing too heavy, but enough to make the pavement slippery. It was great to get a feel for wet roads in a controlled environment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
If you don't ride in storms on purpose all the time, you're at least going to get caught unprepared at least once or twice, may as well get as much experience early on as possible!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
During both riding days of my course it was snowing...HARD. The class was 11 women and we were pretty nervous but they were determined not to cancel.

I told my instructor that if I fail I should still get a pass because riding in snow is non-applicable to me!

Good luck this weekend :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,089 Posts
Where are you located?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Yeah I love how people post the weather forecast without so much of a hint of their location. I have MSF experienced rider this Sunday and I froze for a second until I realized, this dude could be from China or Florida, it rains there all the time anyway!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's ok, you'll get over it. I updated my profile with my location so you wouldn't get fooled by my posts anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,089 Posts
It's ok, you'll get over it. I updated my profile with my location so you wouldn't get fooled by my posts anymore.
I was based @ LRAFB for 3 years.

Arkansas is a magical place. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was based @ LRAFB for 3 years.

Arkansas is a magical place. LOL
That wasn't directed at you, sorry if you thought it was.

That is pretty close to where I am. I really enjoy the area, lots of great riding areas around here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Arkansas is a real place? I thought it was something they made up to make fun of the South. Like the South does for New Jersey. But sadly New Jersey is real...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
hahah took my test in the rain.. got SOAKED. no rain suit! But honestly, it helped a lot. With the pavement slippery and me being on a bike im not used to, it really helps you put the techniques that they teach you into use. Because, if you dont, youll be on ground.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,503 Posts
Good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Arkansas is a real place? I thought it was something they made up to make fun of the South. Like the South does for New Jersey. But sadly New Jersey is real...
Yea it does seem pretty magical, some beautiful areas around the state and lots of twisty roads to discover. I was in Morristown NJ last year and thought it looked nice...older area but still looked good. I stayed in the Maddison hotel while I was there, thought it was a pretty cool looking older building. Unfortunately it seems like people are so quick to point out the negatives nowadays.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hahah took my test in the rain.. got SOAKED. no rain suit! But honestly, it helped a lot. With the pavement slippery and me being on a bike im not used to, it really helps you put the techniques that they teach you into use. Because, if you dont, youll be on ground.
Lol thats what i'm envisioning in my head. I'll just have to hope for the best and prepare for the worst. As long as I show up in a slicker and rubber boots there won't be a cloud in the sky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Yea it does seem pretty magical, some beautiful areas around the state and lots of twisty roads to discover. I was in Morristown NJ last year and thought it looked nice...older area but still looked good. I stayed in the Maddison hotel while I was there, thought it was a pretty cool looking older building. Unfortunately it seems like people are so quick to point out the negatives nowadays.
Sounds cool. I gotta ride down, I'm sick of the concrete jungle. Just googled it, 20hrs 18 min, somewhere between Little Rock and Memphis. Grizzlies game 7 here I come!!!!!

The edit is for Jersey, its a New York thing, always crap on Jersey, but it has its cool spots.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top