Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else planning on switching out the muffler when they get their cbr250? I'm leaning towards either a Remus or a Termignoni.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think this should be something everyone should consider. The stock CBR250R exhaust doesn't sound good enough to me. The CBR250R aftermarket exhausts I heard sound really beefy and gives the bike a deeper sound.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'd prob go for the Termignoni the Remus exhaust makes the bike sound like a dirt bike.

If only they made an exhaust that screams and less of a low toned rumble, but i guess its from the single cylinder motor.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im really leaning towards the Termignoni. From the videos I've watched online it has a deeper sound than the Remus, which I think makes it sound more powerful.

·
Registered
19 Posts
personally im still debating what to get. unfortunately most of the exhausts make the 250 sound like a dirt bike. its gonna be hard finding something i like...theres only so much you can do to hide the sound of a single cylinder.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
personally im still debating what to get. unfortunately most of the exhausts make the 250 sound like a dirt bike. its gonna be hard finding something i like...theres only so much you can do to hide the sound of a single cylinder.
I agree. I'm yet to decide. A few ninjas around me have nice carbon fiber yoshimuras which sound great, not too loud but still deep and aggressive. Will probably go for one of those.

But it's a single, putting make-up on it can only hide so much.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would suggest you guys to wait before you plonk in any Aftermarket exhausts. Leo Vince are currently developing an exhaust exclusively for
CBR 250R. Wait till it hits the market, its the best in the world. Similar is the story for Twin Brothers.
And putting the Ninja silencer into CBR wont work well, its designed for a twin cylinder, while CBR is a single cylinder.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would suggest you guys to wait before you plonk in any Aftermarket exhausts. Leo Vince are currently developing an exhaust exclusively for
CBR 250R. Wait till it hits the market, its the best in the world. Similar is the story for Twin Brothers.
And putting the Ninja silencer into CBR wont work well, its designed for a twin cylinder, while CBR is a single cylinder.
i agree and take back what i said earlier, just wait till leo Vince or Twin Brother, amazing quality parts sound and performance is what we all want right?

·
Registered
272 Posts
The Remus demoed on another thread I looked for & found the smallest bike they make them for is a 650. Is the one we heard made for a 650?

·
745 Posts
Got an email from Remus (I emailed them). They do not make a pipe for the CBR250 - they were going to check with Remus in Austria to see if they could determine the source ofthe video, but speculation is that it was of another bike, or that a Remus muffler had been adapted to the thumper

·
745 Posts
Of course, my "nearest dealer" is SunState Morotcycles, a a mere 11,500 km (7,147 miles) away in Australia. Hmmmm... Maybe I should go pick it up and save the freight costs...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Note that Honda Parts is listing a black carbon-print cover to replace the silver one....

CBR250R MUFFLER HEAT COVER - Merchandise and Accessories Catalogue
If this is what you intend, then a simple stickering work should suffice. These accessories will cost plenty in India. So I am planning to do stickering on the silver part of exhausts so that it would look like carbon fiber. I will not play with the exhausts till the matching ECU and other aftermarket products are available. Simply changing exhausts can damage the engine, because the developers of CBR250R have spents months in developing every part of the machine, and any physical(non-cosmetic) change would be like disturbing the eco-balance. I have seen bikes that put in exhausts(mostly free-flow) and the engine life reducing like ****.
Every part is a perfect match as per manufacturer. Any change, and you must be ready to face the consequences to engine, which is the heart...

·
Registered
141 Posts
If its just a heat shield you can always just paint it. Im crossing my fingers that Akrapovic or Devil makes a pipe for this bike.

I also love the sound of 2bros, shark and m4. I guess we all just got to wait and see.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I saw a leo vance at the shop. It was a slip on, had carbon fiber end piece, looked pretty good, $395, said it came with two inserts (?), 96db, (hope that's wide open.)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts