Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The extra play in the throttle which is a standard factory setting was really starting to bother me. I took it to the dealer to learn that the factory leaves a standard of 2.6mm to 3mm of slack in the throttle control cable before it actually engages. I asked the Honda mechanic if he could take it all out and he said he could, but that when the handle bars were fully turned to one side that it might unwantedly engage the throttle a bit from the added tension on the throttle cable when turning to extremes. But I had him take all the slack out and we tested it and there is no issue at all with that.

Wow, what a difference when riding now. That slack was driving me nuts and now the throttle is super tight and much more responsive. A much needed improvement and was surprised that Honda rolls them out of the factory with such a standard mushy factory setting.

I am also wondering if the cable stretches a bit after riding for a while on a new bike and if stretching of the cable added some play to my throttle over time as well. Anyway, problem solved and if anyone has the same problem it is easily adjustable the same way you can tighten a clutch cable with a wrench on the small bolt connected to the cable there on the handle bars. Happy riding!

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Or you could just read the owners manual and become familiar with your motorcycle and its adjustments.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Yeah Guru I could have if it was in English.
thanks for the info...mine has a tad bit of play but not enough that i really even notice it..well, till now, thanks to you, I probably will every time I get on it now if i'm thinking about it..lol

and your owners manual under your cbr seat isn't written in english? Might I ask where you are from?

·
Registered
133 Posts
thanks for the info...mine has a tad bit of play but not enough that i really even notice it..well, till now, thanks to you, I probably will every time I get on it now if i'm thinking about it..lol

and your owners manual under your cbr seat isn't written in english? Might I ask where you are from?
Maybe MarcBkk is in Bangkok (BKK) our manuals are in Thai. Also i'm pretty sure it doesn't detail throttle adjustment.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Mine was loose enough to be bothersome on delivery. A couple of wrenches and a few minutes of time and Problem Solved!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

If it doesn't bother you then don't worry about it I think. Mine was just so much I would have to often take 2 handfulls of throttle to open it up on the freeway.

I am based in Thailand so the manual that comes under the seat of the bike here is in Thai only.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe MarcBkk is in Bangkok (BKK) our manuals are in Thai. Also i'm pretty sure it doesn't detail throttle adjustment.
Hey thaicbr, yes, you guessed it. I did manage to download a copy of the manual in English now as PDF. It is about 2MB and if you would like to have the file you can PM me your email address and I will send it to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts