Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey lads.

Been living in Thailand a few years and went for the new CBR when it was released here at xmas 2010. Have 7000 very happy km on it already, quite a few 500km+ dayrides and plenty of smiles.

Also sprayed the muffler black.

Probably can't post images with my postcount, but lots of pics from various rides to Burma, Cambodia and around central Thailand can found on imageshack.

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/siamboy69

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome! :)
So, I guess you are the first person on this forum who owns a CBR. Good to have you here.
Do share your CBR experiences with us.
Also, I guess I've seen some of your pics and posts on some other Thai CBR forum.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Possibly.

Great fun, nimble bike, puts a smile on my face every day.

But I'm starting to feel the lack of smoothness of the single cylinder compared to that of a twin.

Low end grunt is great. Power starts at 5000rpm and cruising in 6th gear @ 6000rpm is 100kmph. This is very light cruising with zero engine strain.

I've seen 153kph on the clock but haven't really gone for a speed run. Cruising at 125kph is good, pull back and it'll shoot you up into the high 130s in no time. 5th gear redlines at around 143kph but it will bog when you slip it into 6th.

Pulling back in 4th and keeping it there until 10000rpm before doing the same in 5th will put a smile on anyone's dial.

You'll see 138+kph very quickly.

Is great 2-up with the missus on the back, due to the low-mid end torque. Is stable as anything at highspeeds. Really is a great, fun bike. Is light enough to fling around the twisties when out having fun.

I do notice that single cylinder though, can't compete with a twin for smoothness. Everything else is a ninja beater for me though.

·
Registered
216 Posts
yeah it must be nice, being one of the very first to able to ride this bike!

Glad that you can share all you experiences with the cbr250 so far. Does 5 just bog around and doesnt really pull? do you feel that the gear is just really bland and doesn't keep going?

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
5th is fine. Very nice. Pull back and it shoots you up to 138 or so, keep it going and it'll go up to 143kph by the redline, it will only lag or bog once you change into 6th gear. You won't really feel the acceleration in 6th. But 5th is good.

The way the power is distributed it will fly up 8000rpm then the power will start to die off a little. as it's set up for mid range power and torque.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm glad you hear it gets to 130 kph or so, I can't see myself going much faster than that (not that it isn't nice to know it can go faster, I think I'll be okay missing out on the Ninja's higher top speed).

I am still curious how it does climbing steeper grades (mountain passes) at freeway/highway speeds; eg. Salt Lake to Park City, UT. Of course I am sure these people have never ridden a 250CC, but I am told not to expect the bike to get about 65mph. While that is the speed limit, people here often struggle to stay below 70mph. I just want to know if I will be able to keep up with traffic going up a 6% or greater grade or if I should plan to be with the Semi trucks with my flashers on to notify other drivers I am sssllllooooowwww.

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
You won't be slow. The mid end grunt is great for that. No downshifts needed. You're in the power at 5000rpm.

On open roads I probably stay around 120kph. That's very easy. Pull back and you're up to 135kph in no time.

The lightest cruising speed is at 6000rpm in 6th, which is 100kph (62mph), that is very light cruising. It's even a bit low for the engine, 110kph is probably more suited for the engine. At this you can shoot off by pulling back.

On long rides I've cruised at 140kph (87 mph) for maybe 2 hours with the throttle close to fully open.

Have looked down to see 145kph (90mph) quite a few times.

And taken it up to 153kph (95mph).

I'm not really into highspeed riding though. A lot will depend on the wind and riding position. I don't go for racing positions.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You won't be slow. The mid end grunt is great for that. No downshifts needed. You're in the power at 5000rpm.

On open roads I probably stay around 120kph. That's very easy. Pull back and you're up to 135kph in no time.

The lightest cruising speed is at 6000rpm in 6th, which is 100kph (62mph), that is very light cruising. It's even a bit low for the engine, 110kph is probably more suited for the engine. At this you can shoot off by pulling back.

On long rides I've cruised at 140kph (87 mph) for maybe 2 hours with the throttle close to fully open.

Have looked down to see 145kph (90mph) quite a few times.

And taken it up to 153kph (95mph).

I'm not really into highspeed riding though. A lot will depend on the wind and riding position. I don't go for racing positions.

Thanks for letting me/us know. I am not anticipating high-speed riding either, mostly just from fear of getting a ticket..or worse spilling somewhere (although I don't know that 100kph vs 140 would make that much difference).

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hey lads.

Been living in Thailand a few years and went for the new CBR when it was released here at xmas 2010. Have 7000 very happy km on it already, quite a few 500km+ dayrides and plenty of smiles.

Also sprayed the muffler black.

Probably can't post images with my postcount, but lots of pics from various rides to Burma, Cambodia and around central Thailand can found on imageshack.

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/siamboy69

what happen to this guy ^ :confused:

someone's been missing his Dr.B.J.'s appointments lately :rolleyes:

the first official mc41 owner , huh !? :cool:

we should change the name of this site to Redline.net ;)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Being part of the production management team does have it's benefits. :)

Shhhhh.

People will get upset....

Again. :rolleyes:
you must have been the one in charge of the rattle , the shut-off , the wire harness and the bolts that hold the oil filter :confused:

cutting some corners to pay for them "Dr." appointments ;)

p.s. don't worry about the "people"...
...we can just have Luke Drone strike them now :rolleyes:

no need to ban anymore .... eradicate them so they can't post anymore "bad to the bone" vids. ;)

BTW-who you are going to vote for ... the turd sandwich or the giant douche ?

:D:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts