Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today we were having really bad winds here in AZ (25-35 MPH, with gust up to 55 MPH) and a micro burst hit my bike! Thankfully I wasn't riding at the time. Come out at lunch to see my bike all turned around in the parking lot and I knew something was wrong. Turns out the clutch and the handlebar took the brunt of the force and bent it all up. Was able to get it to the dealership to order parts and get it home. Minor scratches on the turn signals and the mirrors, but not much else. Total damage in part $66. I will let everyone know how the rebuild goes.

Shawn

·
Registered
57 Posts
I fear this will happen to me someday. I hate how the kickstand leaves the bike almost upright while parked. At least the damage was minor in your case.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I fear this will happen to me someday. I hate how the kickstand leaves the bike almost upright while parked.
I agree. I wonder if shortening it even 5 - 8mm might make a big difference in the stability of the bike on the stand. Has anyone tried a shorter sidestand?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree. I wonder if shortening it even 5 - 8mm might make a big difference in the stability of the bike on the stand. Has anyone tried a shorter sidestand?
I swear it’s the opposite on my cbr250r, that is feels ‘too short’. That and my side stand feels so flimsy compared to my last bike (Suzuki Bandit 250). Even on completely level ground I don’t trust it...

It would have to be the only complaint I have about the bike though :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Watch out and make sure the shift lever isn't too beat up. I have a thread where mine was knocked over from wind and it hasn't shifted the same since. Hope for the best though!

·
Registered
389 Posts
drop my bike Saturday night, broke my bar end mirror... now i'm mirrorless.... i drop my bike all the time...

Im a dirt biker too, so it's almost natural for the bike to go down, except that this one brakes a lot more of stuff when it does.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
That sucks, my condolences:(. I too find the kickstand on this bike is too upright. A centre stand would be awesome

·
Registered
878 Posts
Condolences on your mishap. My CBR is one of the few bikes I've owned without a centerstand and I really miss having one.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Weird the different impressions we have of the kickstand. Given that this is my first streetbike, I 'feel' (no data or experiences to validate) that the kickstand is too short and the bike leans over too far. HOWEVER, she's never wobbled once in position or tipped... so I'm guessing it's just fine.

·
Registered
158 Posts
luckily this bike is pretty cheap to fix (even like 70 something bucks for a side fairing O.O good deal!) so just dont bend the frame :) I slid out in some dirt on the shoulder of a road so I know your pain!

·
Registered
394 Posts
luckily this bike is pretty cheap to fix (even like 70 something bucks for a side fairing O.O good deal!) so just dont bend the frame :) I slid out in some dirt on the shoulder of a road so I know your pain!
lol wut.

My first crash, repairs were $1500. I must have done a bad one haha

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wow the title of this thread scared me at first.

Sorry you bike was damaged. :( But im glad it was not more serious. :)

At work I have been tucking my bike in between some work vehicles so its protected some of the time. This makes me think even more about parking next to something that will provide more protection from wind and other vehicles and walkers by.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts