Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, im new to this forum. figured id post some pics of my cbr i picked up in May. lemme know what you guys think :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where did you relocate the rear brake reservoir? I've been trying to map that out in my head all week and haven't come up with a solid solution yet!
well i eliminated the resevior all together and just ran a tube up under the right side of the plastic. The tube itself holds enough fluid to supply the master cylinder. i added a breathable cap to the top of the tube and routed it to were i could check it regularly.

·
Registered
576 Posts
well i eliminated the resevior all together and just ran a tube up under the right side of the plastic. The tube itself holds enough fluid to supply the master cylinder. i added a breathable cap to the top of the tube and routed it to were i could check it regularly.
good idea:)

looks good,from the wear mark on the rear tire you like the corners.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
took an hour or so but i just eliminated a bunch of the junk that was hanging off the back. and yeah ill probably get a wider tire as soon as this one wear down, it would look alot better :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'd love some pictures of your brake reservoir solution! I'm going to be welding up an exhaust for my little thumper sometime after the first service and I plan to use a rather unconventional location for the exhaust bracket... I'm also deleting the passenger pegs like you did.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a peice of hose ran up the right side. it sits in between the gap. The blue peice is a small breathable cap. Gets the job done

·
Registered
1 Posts
My mechanic said he might be able to fit a 160 on the back if I remove the plastic. I don't know alot, but would I need a new rim to fit that? And I'd definitely have to widen the front one to match that.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The problem with the rear rake resevoir is that brake fluid will take on or absorb water. Brake fluid should always be kept dry (sealed). So I am not sold on this vented cap, it is a cool idea, brakes dont need a lot of volume unless they are leaking and that is a whole different problem. But the moisture has to be kept out or the fluid could loose its hydraulic properties.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts