Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Taken my cbr250r 2012 to two mechanics.

Got it back from the second today. I haven't ridden it since July 2020 because it's been in shops.

First one cleaned the throttle body second mechanic put a new fuel pump in and fixed a vaccum leak. My bike starts, runs fine but when I'm on the road, doing 70 or whatever I'd be in fourth, pull the clutch in to coast, or break and it will die. Happens less when I downshift to decelerate but still happens.

What the f- ? They're both qualified mechanics and this is still ongoing...

They tried a new ecu, both never really found what was wrong. It's on 38,000 KMs. Serviced regularly. I posted months ago on here and mentioned things and suggested to the mechanics and I don't know.. the guy I picked it up from is one of the highest reviewed in my city... He wants me to take it back but I've honestly sunk $1500 on repairs tyres and a service on a bike that only cost me $3000. Is it worth scrapping it?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
What does it idle at when hot?

Check for a factory Honda update. It seems that there may be a tech bulletin or something about hot stalling. Not sure if there would be some kind of "flash" for the ECU.

Recheck all the simple stuff like air filter condition, correct spark plug, fresh gas, etc. Maybe run a fuel system cleaner just for good measure. A dirty injector may cause something like that. When you check that the plug is correct, look at the color - it should be mostly tan around the insulator. The plug is not as common as most, if I recall correctly, and it's possible an incorrect one was installed.

Really, if you paid decent money to have it run right I would take it back and have them figure it out. Riding it like it is can be dangerous. Tell that to the Service Writer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did you check your side stand switch and clutch switch? If either of those are faulty, you'd have the same issue. Would recommend you to check these two.

Good luck.

Cheers!
VJ

Reactions: Tamir

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
39 Posts
Really, if you paid decent money to have it run right I would take it back and have them figure it out.
For full-price repair, at respectable mechanic, it is customary to give a warranty. Go to your mechanic and try to explain to him that the repair you claim was unsuccessful, and that you are asking to activate the warranty to repair the claimed problem at no extra charge. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts