Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was on my way to dallas when my crankshaft locked up 2 months ago. went into a depression spell. had to register my shitbox chevy as a result just to have a ride. im just looking for opinions. i can try to rebuild the engine for 1k+ in tools and a new crankshaft or buy a used craigslist engine for 500+. but i heard the cbr300r had the same frame. so maybe i could get a tiny cc bump with the extra cost of engine + mounting brackets + exhaust + ecu. not sure if the pins on the wiring harness are different.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
i was on my way to dallas when my crankshaft locked up 2 months ago. went into a depression spell. had to register my shitbox chevy as a result just to have a ride. im just looking for opinions. i can try to rebuild the engine for 1k+ in tools and a new crankshaft or buy a used craigslist engine for 500+. but i heard the cbr300r had the same frame. so maybe i could get a tiny cc bump with the extra cost of engine + mounting brackets + exhaust + ecu. not sure if the pins on the wiring harness are different.
You could run into some unexpected challenges with the 300 in the 250 chassis. It depends if you are up for the challenge.

Don't rebuild the engine - buy a decent used one. The 250 will be less expensive at this point than the 300, and may be under $500. I'd shop around.

Do you know why the engine seized?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know why the engine seized?
oh you name it. years of torture and abuse at the hands of a younger less educated version of myself. im surprised it didnt die sooner. ive drowned the engine. soft locked it from lack of oil maintenance half a decade ago. driven when i shouldnt have waiting on snail mail parts. small gasket material stuck in oil. reckless wheelies and several low sides.

idk. im thinking of buy a junk parts bike auctioned off copart and having several spares of everything

1 - 3 of 3 Posts