Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
188 Posts
well :p there will be some infant when grown up will thank you
There would be billions thankful in the first 20 years.

Of course it should be illegal and a crime against human rights (irreversible mutilation of another without consent or medical issue, forever robbing both them and their partner of the full pleasure they deserve.)

But hey, this topic here is controversial enough.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
What in the world is this forum coming to...

I really don't see a purpose in this thread; it's obvious newbs should search first and not be lazy. It is also in every person's right who have been through the ropes to remind these folks to search before crowding the threads with repeated topics they haven't bothered to search for, making it more difficult for future new members to find constructive information when some people actually DO use the search function.

You say that people don't need to be reminded to search, when they obviously haven't. Therefore, I think it is pertinent to remind them to use that function first. This thread sounds like nothing but Dalap bait to me.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
billy - things arent always exactly as they might seem
from the written word.. seems to me that your good
intentions and concern for friendliness etc, may have
causes you to perhaps read more aggression into
some responses than are intended..

bear in mind that directing questions to the search box
can be, and sometimes are, the best way to help
the questioner [as i have done before]..

also that mods of open inet sites must do some
good housekeeping to keep the site from being
clogged up with unnecessary repetitions of
the same old question..

sensitive people, as you seem to be,
can also be more sensitive to words
and meanings.. sometimes reading
more into words than is intended..
thats all :)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
What in the world is this forum coming to...

I really don't see a purpose in this thread; it's obvious newbs should search first and not be lazy. It is also in every person's right who have been through the ropes to remind these folks to search before crowding the threads with repeated topics they haven't bothered to search for, making it more difficult for future new members to find constructive information when some people actually DO use the search function.

You say that people don't need to be reminded to search, when they obviously haven't. Therefore, I think it is pertinent to remind them to use that function first. This thread sounds like nothing but Dalap bait to me.

dalap has nothing to do with my post and again it was a simple suggestion to all to be nicer on here, nothing more and nothing less, you have all read more into this then there is! I din't think suggesting to be nicer would outrage so many and make many think there is a conspiracy !

again it was only a suggestion to be nicer, nothing more and nothing less should be read into this, also lol I cant stress this enough, this has nothing to do with me as far as anyone upsetting me in the forum and even if i am sensitive that would be unrelated to my posy here suggesting to members try to be more polite and nicer to new members . this is about good manners !

I mean lol wow, it is simply a suggestion to be nicer as there is simply no reason to blast a member for asking a question and look I am not saying not to tell them to search but try to help them first and then if all else fails then suggest they search and if you have to say search first then at least say it in a nice way.. LOL I don't believe I am the sensitive one here in this post, I would say it is the ones who found this post and go off about it as the ones who are sensitive lol

who would had thought suggesting to members to be nicer to other members would get so politica and blasted full of speculations . good thing I didnt suggest no one give their used unused parts away lol

as for am I sensitive, I can be if something was said to me that is uncalled , but I have never been attacked in this forum so this is NOT ABOUT ME PEOPLE LOL, but I do hate to see and read posts where members are unkind to one another, so I did make this post to suggest to all members be nice to each other AND THAT EVEN GO BEYOND THE Q AND SEARCH POINT I MADE. If I think something could be better than I am the type who will speak up for others but raley do I speak up for myself and I have seen members who blast members for asking a Q without searching first and there is no good reason for that ! also try to remember not all members may realize there is a search function on this furom as the search function is some what small and hidden up in the top.

My suggestion is if the need for you all to say search before you post a Q is so important to you all, then maybe there should be a auto response before hand to posting a topic that would ask, would you like to search this topic before you post it which would IMO be more polite then a memner who says " why didnt you search the forum and not waste lur time asking the same Q "

I will say I am sorry if this topic left many here sensitive about the suggestion to be nicer, but I wont say I am sorry for saying what needed to be said in this post !

also when I use caps, its not to scream but to make that part stand out so please dont take the caps as me screaming

·
Registered
342 Posts
dalap has nothing to do with my post and again it was a simple suggestion to all to be nicer on here, nothing more and nothing less, you have all read more into this then there is! I din't think suggesting to be nicer would outrage so many and make many think there is a conspiracy !

again it was only a suggestion to be nicer, nothing more and nothing less should be read into this, also lol I cant stress this enough, this has nothing to do with me as far as anyone upsetting me in the forum and even if i am sensitive that would be unrelated to my posy here suggesting to members try to be more polite and nicer to new members . this is about good manners !
I mean lol wow, it is simply a suggestion to be nicer as there is simply no reason to blast a member for asking a question and look I am not saying not to tell them to search but try to help them first and then if all else fails then suggest they search and if you have to say search first then at least say it in a nice way.. LOL I don't believe I am the sensitive one here in this post, I would say it is the ones who found this post and go off about it as the ones who are sensitive lol
who would had thought suggesting to members to be nicer to other members would get so politica and blasted full of speculations . good thing I didnt suggest no one give their used unused parts away lol
as for am I sensitive, I can be if something was said to me that is uncalled , but I have never been attacked in this forum so this is NOT ABOUT ME PEOPLE LOL, but I do hate to see and read posts where members are unkind to one another, so I did make this post to suggest to all members be nice to each other AND THAT EVEN GO BEYOND THE Q AND SEARCH POINT I MADE. If I think something could be better than I am the type who will speak up for others but raley do I speak up for myself....
I will say I am sorry if this topic left many here sensitive about the suggestion to be nicer, but I wont say I am sorry for saying what needed to be said in this post !
...if...you...say...nice...one...more...time... ...

·
Registered
16 Posts
To the OP.....

EFF nice. Motorcyclists aren't nice. We don't want to be nice. ESPECIALLY to some Gee Dee rube who can't use a search function. We can't help it they have the 'search mentality' of an effin tomato. They're dumbasses. Why should we be nice to them? We've got more important stuff to do than to hold some effin hayseeds hand and help them find some info on how to peel a sticker off their bike or some crap like that.

We want to talk about bikes and racing and beer and chicks (wimmin, not the animal) and stuff. Why do we have to waste our time trying to help some gooberhead figure out how to mount a saddlebag (which by the way, those go on Harleys not sportbikes) when they can't even turn a Gee Dee wrench? I mean what the eff? What's next, do we have to help some rubarb figure out how to get his gas cap off? EFF THAT! EFF BEING NICE!

Eff being nice.

Eff it.

:D

·
Registered
599 Posts
To the OP.....

EFF nice. Motorcyclists aren't nice. We don't want to be nice. ...
Nice sarcasm, I like it.

Remember the famous Honda slogan from the 1960's:
"You meet the nicest people on a Honda."

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
did you search the forum before you wrote this, who cares , help them and move on and don't be a dick

I assumed people who rode sport bikes aka crotch rockets were chill and not so obsessed with silly stuff and I can't help but laugh at how upset they seem to get.

I am sure "1/3 "of you will disagree with me over this.
So when there is yet another post on a topic that has been covered multiple times, when someone tries and help them help themselves by suggesting to use the search, instead of spoon feeding them answers, that person is being a dick?

I believe I'm usually pretty "chill", I don't get upset about multiple threads on the same topic. I just offer advise to search. I'm glad that amuses you. :)

I guess I may fall into the 1/3 of the members that disagree. However I do disagree that I get upset about the multiple topics. It doesn't affect my emotion. I just try to help people where I can.

My $0.02

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
'i assume' 'so obsessed' 'how upset' they get..

being very relaxed and calm right now
this is just a comment :)

in a global multi-cultural open inet forum
it is presumptuous to assume 'they' are
obsessed and get so upset about..
[whatever]

this and other members have explained
reasons why others are directed to search
resources of this site, to help them,
to give them access to a mass of information
covering every common motorcycling question
all thru the search box of this site..