Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't believe the hype that the cbr250r is not suited for the highway. Total BS.

My thoughts...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I appreciate the video man, thanks for sharing your highway riding experience. The speed limit on the highway near where I live is 65 this bike is plenty.

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the video man, thanks for sharing your highway riding experience. The speed limit on the highway near where I live is 65 this bike is plenty.
Thanks. Yeah 55 to 65 is the speed limit here too but I wanted to crank it faster and took it to 80 mph. lol I shouldn't have but I did. Oh well. Thank goodness I didn't have a 600 bike b/c I would have surely busted it to 150 mph. :eek:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Unless it's super windy this bike can handle high speeds. Just uh, obey the speed limits and stuff ...

·
1,305 Posts
honestly, i have had no issues on the freeway with this bike... 95% of my daily commute is freeways. never once have i felt like traffic was too fast for me to keep up with.

·
Banned
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I mean you can't bust a wheelie on the highway but those that do are complete idiots.

Yeah, the wind is irritating, tucking helps tremendously.

I saw a few guys riding without a helmet on the highway and their face was flapping in the wind. lol They are fools, let a stone nail them in the mug while blazing on the highway and they will wish they had put a helmet on.

Also, the wind is loud even with a helmet and ear plugs on. Maybe I need better ear plugs. I had those foam ones that you twist in your ear.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Wind noise has a ton to do with your helmet as well, and it's tough to know if it's going to be loud or not without reading a ton of reviews first. Mine (HJC CL-SP) is reasonably quiet, except when I turn my head.. which ramps up the noise dramatically. I'm also probably half deaf from all that **** rock music in my youth. YMMV.

Glad to see you're out riding and done plasti-dipping. *ducks*

·
Registered
928 Posts
Wow really, this bike is capable of highway speeds?
Cant believe theres wind noise on a motorcycle too.
Think Im going to go on a boat forum and whine about splashing water.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
ive rode on the interstate several time for up to an hour and a half straight when i need to go to or thru Knoxville.usually ride around 82 mph...speed limit is 75...better to be aggressive on the interstate i have found..if i rode the interstate every day that far or alot farther on a regular basis..i would def want a bigger cc bike...but it suites me just fine for what i need it for

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ditto! I've had great highway experiences and as a 5' 7" woman with curves, my little CBR doesn't hold back. :D

LOVE your windscreen... what model is it?

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Ditto! I've had great highway experiences and as a 5' 7" woman with curves, my little CBR doesn't hold back. :D

LOVE your windscreen... what model is it?
If you're refering to Dudeguy, he plasti-dipped the stock

·
1,305 Posts
I saw a few guys riding without a helmet on the highway and their face was flapping in the wind. lol They are fools, let a stone nail them in the mug while blazing on the highway and they will wish they had put a helmet on.

**** i got hit in the throat by a beetle the other day.....

once the feeling came back... it looked like i had a hickey lol

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have never seen such a highway. Where is this located? Did you really ride this one. What an achievement!

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
That must take some skillz.. 80mph!

I think I'll stick to the cycle paths.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts