Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an almost new OE exhaust (whole system) it has 340miles on it before it was taken off and replaced for an aftermarket one. Mine (OE) has a bit of rust, I live by the ocean in a humid environment.
I am so happy about it - the hardest thing was talking the seller into mailing it to me.
So now I have it oiled up = waiting for the day when I will need it.
Cost $50can + shipping
I have to say I was shocked by how heavy it was. Wrt the whole exhaust debate OE vs aftermarket - The way I ride I don't want to draw attention to myself. I drive fast, and I don't want to sound fast lol

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
1,001 Posts
Hi. You found a good deal. Yes the original exhaust is very heavy. Made of iron and therefore also prone to rust in areas that are really close to the sea. I live about ten Km from the beach (Mediterranean) and have no special problems of rust. There is another problem with the original exhaust: The catalytic converter is built in to it, and when the converter is get clogged it requires the replacement of all the muffler. This means that you also bought yourself a new catalytic converter. The aftermarket exhaust does not have a catalytic converter, they are lighter, the ones made of stainless steel do not rust, and with the full bafel(partition) they are also quite.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.