Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What a long strange trip it's been

My current ride is 2005 Sportster XL883 Custom. I'm keeping that. (nice to have 2 bikes again)

I sold my Twinstar that I had at the same time. Wanted to replace it. And the quest began...

Since I really like my local Honda dealer. I wanted to give him my business. My first inkling was a 650
dual purpose.

Saddle height was like 37". I tried, but there was no way I was comfortable with it. So I thought about
something simple, and obscure. A Ural solo was my next thought.

Lack of a dealer network scared me off. So I found a shorter dual purpose 650.

Came close on that, but they also sold Triumphs, and I always liked the Scrambler. Was really
close to getting this one.

In the end, I think I wanted something small. And although there were a few dual purpose bikes in
the mix, the reality is that I'd ride mostly on the street. The rest is history...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I love that Tri-color

·
Registered
350 Posts
Congrats on the new bike...

Just spent my first day on mine (delivered yesterday)... This thing is so much fun it should be illegal...

·
Registered
879 Posts
Seen the tri colored model today for the first time today at local dealer. WOW it really stands out. Wish it was available when i got mine

·
Registered
62 Posts
Great bike. I am getting the same one delivered on Tuesday after work. Let me know if you ever venture into southern NY.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice got mine lst Tuesday............Got 250 miles on her!!!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Looks like this is the time of year for new bikes! My 2011 in black with ABS arrived yesterday, too. Took her out for a ride yesterday and today--can't wait to go again tomorrow! :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
My 250r, 100 miles since Feb. 27, had a hell of a time bringing it down from Queens to Brooklyn (given that I wasn't ready for the highway). I do not recommend the trip for a total amateur, it took me three hours. But I grabbed my balls and pressed on, what's the point of a motorcycle if not for the adventure?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
200 mile report

OK, so I've had the bike for about 200 miles. Three rides, more or less. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. I have to get used to the riding position. Need to use my core more and not bear all the weight on my arms. Bike has enough power as I see it. I think this motor will do 70+ all day long and that's plenty for me. I love the way it looks and rides. I do have a 5.5k rattle that I've isolated to the bodywork/speedo (not the motor). Right now, I fixed it with foam, but my dealer wanted real feedback so I'm going to let him try to fix it at 600 mi. My only problem is that I just got my eye on a Royal Enfield and think I want a third bike now...

See ya on the road, cats and kittens!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the tri color as well....Not to be bias but it handles better, brakes better, and is all around faster than the red or black one. I think its safe to say the tri color is the best cbr250 out there am i correct? YES i am theres no contest here!!

57 Posts
I have the tri color as well....Not to be bias but it handles better, brakes better, and is all around faster than the red or black one. I think its safe to say the tri color is the best cbr250 out there am i correct? YES i am theres no contest here!!

YA IF YOU ARE A CHICK OR PERHAPS A CHILD, DO YOU WANT ME TO SEND SOME HOTWHEELS STICKERS FOR YOU TO PUT ON THE SIDE OF THAT? LOL

SORRY TO SAY MAN BUT YOU GOT A GIRLS BIKE NOW!!!!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the tricolor, and not a single woman has come up saying "what a cool chick's bike!"

But I HAVE had a lot of guys on Honda, Ducati, BMW, even Harley with full leather and "Loud Pipes Save Lives" stickers, and they really like the bike. The red/white/blue reminds them all of the Honda Interceptor. And I think I posted someplace else here that a guy on an original red/white/blue Interceptor pulled up behind me and couldn't stop talking about how great the CBR looked.

It's interesting that the more miles you can tell they've ridden, the more they like the tricolor :) but mostly they just think the 250 is a great idea and a sharp looking motorcycle.

I finally saw another 250 this week, the red one. Great looking bike. Bottom line is ride what you want, you could paint it purple with orange polkadots and it would still be a great ride :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts