Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

my ninja 250r will kick your cbr's arse

13K views 41 replies 31 participants last post by  TBC 
#1 ·
yup... or not. :)

i havent even seen a cbr on the road yet, i havent seen them in shops either. So they must be getting sold. Hoping to meet some cbr owners around the area.

anyone go head to head with ninja 250r?

#2 ·
The CBR250r can't keep up with the Ninja 250r. It just doesn't have the HP to hang with it but I think we could hang with it just fine in the fun category. I suggest you try one if you get a chance. You might be surprised how much you like it. :)

#3 ·
Really it's down to driver skill/ weight. The bikes aren't far off from each other. CBR is lighter and has more torque. Ninja has slightly more hp.

#8 ·
There's a guy here that's actually been racing his CBR professionally against the Ninja 250s. I'm pretty sure he'd disagree with this.

In a short drag race the CBR might have a chance. There's no way a CBR is going to keep up in a long race unless the guy on the Ninja is a complete moron.

Don't get me wrong. I love my CBR but I didn't buy it to race anyone. If I wanted to race, I would have picked up a ZX14 or something like that. Racing a 250 is a little like playing midget basketball.

#17 ·
thats absolutely ridiculous. are you saying people with 600's are the only ones allowed to race? Or want to race?

the 250's do have the umph, they are slower that is for sure. But there is even scooter racing.

the ninja and the cbr are competitors, and im sure we will see them in track days and even racing. there is a 250 racing cup.

I personally think if you choose to race a 250, you would have a blast, not to mention have a bigger pocketbook afterwards than racing a 600cc supersport bike.

#15 ·
I'll be the first to admit that my wife's 01 Ninja 250 is faster then my CBR granted her bike does have a few mods including exhaust, but then again we didnt buy either bike to set land speed records. I will say this though; while her seat may be way more comfy the CBR handles better and I like the powerband of my Honda better as well.

#23 ·
there is a youtube post out there that has both the new ninja and cbr tested on the track my prof riders and they go through different tests like the quater mile drag which has the ninja as being quicker and handles top speed better, however the torque is better on the cbr and gear changing is more friendly

#29 · (Edited)
The Ninja 250R is a great bike. I've ridden one numerous times. If the racer in you loves to constantly rev a bike to the stratosphere - the Ninja is the bike for you. It has a much higher redline, and it is ultimately a faster bike. It also sounds great! According to online dyno charts, it produces 2-3 more horsepower at the rear wheel (stock) compared to the CBR250R. However, that extra horsepower arrives north of 9000 rpm. From 0-9000 rpm the CBR250R produces significantly more torque AND horsepower. So south of 9000 rpms, the CBR (which is also lighter in weight) is more fun. Where on the tach do you find yourself most of the time?

Now one drawback that has been mentioned is that if you find yourself often exploring the upper reaches of the Ninja's powerband - to extract those extra 2-3 hp, then you will pay a significant price in fuel economy - 14 mpg less than the CBR according to motorcycle.com and up to 20 mpg less in other online publications who have wrung both bikes out in testing. Which compromises are you will to live with?

Here are the Motorcycle.com dyno graphs.

http://www.motorcycle.com/gallery/gallery.php?g2_view=largephotos.Largephotos&g2_itemId=277405

http://www.motorcycle.com/gallery/gallery.php?g2_view=largephotos.Largephotos&g2_itemId=277410

Mike

#31 ·
I have a ninja 250 and i dont race it at all. but then again im newbie to the motorcycle world so im just playing it safe. I have heard the honda take off faster and their clutch is super easy. The ninja clutch oo man maybe cuz im new it's not the funniest.

#32 ·
I'd be curious to know how the honda would do if we used Bazzaz fuel management. That might even the playing field on power at the expense of mpg.

I read that the new rules for moto gp 250's are four stroke and single cylinder. I look forward to the CBR250's coming out in the years to come as the racing technology trickles down.

#33 ·
In a comparison, Motorcyclist Magazine got 1/4 mile performance of:

CBR250R 16.20 sec @ 77.6mph
Ninja 15.30 sec @ 84.15mph

The story is at Honda CBR250R vs. Hyosung GT250R vs. Kawasaki Ninja 250R | MC Comparison - Motorcyclist Magazine

So, as many have said, the Ninja is faster, at least in a straight line. I was fully aware of this when I chose to put in my order for the Honda. The Ninja would have been a shade faster, but I prefer the Honda for its fuel injection and higher mileage. I've also owned many a Honda and prefer to buy Honda when they offer what I want at the right price.

#34 ·
I have owned both the Ninja 250 (UK FI model) and my current bike the CBR 250R. The Ninja is faster, no two ways about it, but, and it's a big but, you have to really thrash the knackers off the Ninja to make it so. The Honda is a much nicer bike for everyday riding, with a much more useful, broad power band. I'd sum it up by saying, if you want a bike for the track or for use by weekend warriors, go for the Ninja, if you want a bike for every day practical transport, go for the Honda.

#37 ·
I bet ya my Cbr250 would be faster on a 250km trip with a passenger onboard. You would have to keep going back go pick em up after they fell off the back. NInja250 is a crap bike for carrying a passenger.
not withstanding I could do it on one tank of gas while you would be refueling once.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.