Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode my bike to work today. Had it parked in the parking lot and wouldn't ya know it I got [email protected]%#ing hit. About half way through my 9hr shift some dude walks into where i work and asks who bike that was out in the parking lot. Really skinny goofy looking douche bag red-neck pile of crap. So i spoke up and said it was mine. He says and i quote "I think i mighta hit yer bike... i don't think i did any damage though". So im thinking maybe hit caught it with his door.... no big deal. Nope.... not only did the dumba$$ back into it but also dragged it for 5+ feet b4 he realized he hit i (see pics of how far the kick stand slid). Stupidest thing is that he backed into me when he was in front of me in the parking spaces.... in other words he only had to go forward to get out of his spot.... what the hell was he doing backing up? So now I gotta be without a bike till it gets fixed thanks to this low life scum bag that should not even be allowed to drive... not to mention the fact that now the resale value just got raped cause it's gonna have a accident history. WE NEED AN IQ TEST TO ACCOMPANY THE LICENSE TEST! THIS IS PROOF! I don't I have ever been this pi$$ed off in my life!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hey im sorry for your bike and your pain. That really sucks. It happens more times then you think, I had a friend's bike get hit in the lot. Not that it is any excuse, but dont feel so bad. I hope your errrr his insurance covers it.

On a positive note:
1) no need to be racist! Be the bigger man.
2) at least he came and asked who he hit. My friend and most other people I know have a hit an run, and you would have never found the guy. Be happy that he was a good honest man and maned up to his mistake! Most people wouldn't.

On a selfish note:

Are they going to replace any of the side fairings on your bike? If so, can I buy the old one off you? (I might have scratched mine)

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
I can understand your frustration and it really is a huge bummer of what happened to your bike. I also agree that at least the man's IQ is questionable, at least he manned up to his mistake. Hopefully his insurance covers the cost for your repairs because its obvious that he's the one at fault in this situation.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
at least he manned up to his mistake. Hopefully his insurance covers the cost for your repairs because its obvious that he's the one at fault in this situation.
Well I work at an auto-parts store and we have camera surveillance. He prob just knew he would have gotten in more trouble for a hit and run. He argued about how serious it was and argued with me when i asked for his ins papers. It was not till I raised my voice and more or less threatened him till i got his info. I hated acting that way but he acted like he was gonna bail up until I snapped a pic of his plate with my phone. then he knew he was boned.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know. I will get over it. I'm just extremely angry at this point. Don't have a lot of stuff going well for me lately and riding my perfectly polished, perfectly maintained, spotless bike was the 1 little joy I had left. Now it's tainted. I'm always gonna wonder if my bike's lifespan just got cut short cause of some unforeseen effects this may have had on it. When he hit it the bike was in gear. When I went to drive it to the shop after the cops left it took some effort to get it back into 1st (I had shifted to neutral to let it warm up).

·
Registered
385 Posts
Not the same but I got my CBR delivered Monday night and grabbed an old tank bag off a shelf to see how it would look. Little did I know that there was screw stuck to one of the magnets. Managed to scratch the tank sliding the bag around. So the bike lost its virginity before I even threw a leg over it.
Three weeks ago a consultant for the company I work at hit my car in the parking lot. She called the insurance before she talked to me, which was a bad move. They were out in 2 hours and cut me a check for $1200 but of course at that value the DMV now has the car as having been in an "accident." So, basically, I lost in resale what I gained in the check. It was only a scratch in the door and some missing paint I already touched up. We should have just settled it between ourselves.
Again though, like everyone said, be glad the guy went and found you. I've known two people who found notes on their smashed cars saying, basically, "I hit your car, a bunch of people are looking at me, they think I am writing down my license number and contact info but I am not."

·
Registered
78 Posts
mistakes happen. I would not call this guy bad names just because he looks strange. He did everything right to fix his mistake - found you and make his insurance fix your bike.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mistakes happen. I would not call this guy bad names just because he looks strange. He did everything right to fix his mistake - found you and make his insurance fix your bike.
I know. Just furious at this point. By the looks of his truck he should not be driving tho. it had a lot of dents primarily in the back near his tailgate which to me indicates he has backed into more than just bikes. plus he had all this old crap piled up in the bed like tool boxes and pieces of metal (thus limiting his vision). I just wish people would think b4 they drive.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
question for the group? Am I entitled for some sort of reimbursement on my bike other than getting it fixed? Allow me to clarify: bike is 2 months old. now has accident record that is bound to destroy it's resale value on carfax. plus i am not able to use it while it is being fixed. am I entitled to some monetary funds for the new loss in value and my time not being able to use it. A friend of mine bought a brand new car about a year ago... 2 days after he got it he got rear ended. he called the defendants insurance and through a little haggling was able to get not only his car fixed but they sent him a check for that months payment (because of loss of use) as well as a check for its loss in equity. anyone ever experience this? if so please share =]

·
Registered
172 Posts
question for the group? Am I entitled for some sort of reimbursement on my bike other than getting it fixed? Allow me to clarify: bike is 2 months old. now has accident record that is bound to destroy it's resale value on carfax. plus i am not able to use it while it is being fixed. am I entitled to some monetary funds for the new loss in value and my time not being able to use it. A friend of mine bought a brand new car about a year ago... 2 days after he got it he got rear ended. he called the defendants insurance and through a little haggling was able to get not only his car fixed but they sent him a check for that months payment (because of loss of use) as well as a check for its loss in equity. anyone ever experience this? if so please share =]
Check the law in your state. In Virginia you can go after the insurance company for "diminished value" after being repaired. I tried to get my step daughter to do that but the insurance companies will fight it to keep from having to pay out billions.

It's fairly easy to determine the difference in value, just try to document it and pursue it if your state allows for you to collect the difference.

regards
Badger

·
Registered
95 Posts
So sorry pal, I feel your pain. I would have laid the beats. On a positive note... Monkey boy could have knocked over bike and then rode over it:eek:

·
Registered
999 Posts
That'll buff right out :D

Sorry, I shouldn't make light of the situation. I really do feel your pain. I've been in that situation once or twice which is why I now always park my bike in the loneliest, most spacious sections of parking lots.

Statistically, most people who don't actually ride bikes don't see bikes. Their eyes see them but it doesn't register in their brain. They see through them.

Parking lots I think are the #2 most dangerous place for us. #1 being intersections.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Parking lots I think are the #2 most dangerous place for us. #1 being intersections.
In the last 8 years or so I've been in 3 fender benders (I know, lucky me). Two were in a parking lot, one was at an intersection.

For the record, none of them were my fault. :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts