Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I ordered an el-cheapo Chinese knockoff exhaust... off of wish. I went ahead and ordered a brushed aluminum one. Paid somewhere around $50 Canadian. After 2 weeks the slip-on arrived. I knew when purchasing there wouldn’t be a mid pipe but for $50 why not right? Well upon opening it I was immediately disappointed because they decided to send me a carbon fibre LOOKING one (not real carbon fibre, remember this is from CHINA). Whatever, I can live with it. Looking at it closer is has a few small blemishes in clear coat or final coat whichever you prefer. Now because of those I’m trying to get a refund or a partial refund. But being a moto head I want to hear this puppy purrr... wait puppies don’t purrr... anyways I ran down to the local Canadian tire and picked up some exhaust pipe for $10 that was the same size as the inlet on the exhaust adapter that came with the muffler. I unbolted the stock exhaust, made a few slits into the end of the Canadian tire exhaust pipe slid it onto where the stock exhaust was, bolted the muffler on and made a few marks, cuts, welds and a quick spray 10 mins later I was left with this. (See attached photos).

After the first start up I didn’t like the overpowering racket that this muffler forced onto me.... but after riding it for a bit I actually enjoy it, it’s not as overbearing as I initially thought(well it is compared to stock) it produces a nice deep throaty sound much like I’m used in ATVs. Everywhere I go people turn and wave when the see the bike and I get tons of questions about it.

So for the $60 CDN I spent I feel it was worth the purchase for ME. I have the tools and ability to weld up a mid pipe with no issues. I do not recommend this purchase if you do not know how or have a friend who can help.

DISCLAIMER: DO NOT WELD GALVANIZED METAL WITHOUT PROPER EQUIPMENT.... no body likes the brass chills

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you sure those people are actually "waving" at you? They might be giving you a "one finger salute". LOL.
Hahaha nope, actually waving. Where I live everyone is friendly and in the closest city buddy tells me there is 3 sportbikes there... me being one of them, him being another

1 - 5 of 5 Posts