Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got knocked off my bike this morning on the way to work. I was travelling along a road at about 25 mph, because of busy traffic, and a guy pulled out on me from a side road on the right. I had no time to stop, so I braked a swerved as best as I could, but hit the blind persons car and went sliding down the road. I picked myself up, called the blind chappie a few couple of rather rude names and then picked my bike up and got it to the side of the road. He apologised and said that the first he knew I was there was when I hit him. I honestly think he didn't look, as I wear Hi Viz, and my headlight was on. There's cosmetic damage to my bike, and a bent rear brake pedal, but apart from that, it's OK. Anyway, we exchanged details, and I've left it in the hands of my insurance company.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Glad to hear you came out of it relatively scathed.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Nobody checks their **** blind spot!! GRRRRRRR!!! :mad:
So glad you were not seriously injured, or worse...

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
**** Wynne, not a good way to start the day mate.
Glad you are here to tell the tale.

Hope Mr Blind regains a little more vision from now on.

·
1,305 Posts
well metal and plastic can be replaced, glad you are OK.. other then the soreness

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
You ppl that commute daily in cities are braver than I.

Cars hurt.

·
1,305 Posts
You ppl that commute daily in cities are braver than I.

Cars hurt.

having ridding in England and where i live now in LA, i'm not sure where is worse...

the freeways or English side streets lol

·
Registered
426 Posts
Sorry to read your bike got dinged up. Nice that you were able to just walk away from it.
I would get checked out by a doctor tho just to be sure. Some times injury does not show up until later. Co-worker thought she just sprained her ankle stepping off a curb. Turned out she broke it and had to have pins installed.

I have been lucky the past 5yrs of motorcycle riding and 20yrs of pedal biking. Too many close calls to count. I still flinch when a car door flings open even tho i am on my motorcycle.

i get really nervous while riding in right lane past a line of stopped cars in left lane because of someone turning left. I expect someone to jump into my lane and more often than not they do.

i loved the time. Stuck in grid-lock due to construction. I am stopped behind a car but am on the line btwn the 2 lanes. Dummass in front decides he doesnt have time to wait and pops it into reverse so he could make a quick right thru a shopping mall.
He reversed so much that i could have reached over and opened the passenger door behind the driver. Dont even think he knew i was there.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Glad to hear you're OK. Hopefully you'll still feel that way when you wake up tomorrow - bruises, pulls, and small tears sometimes feel worse after aging overnight. Also nice to know these bikes can go down after bouncing off a car and only sustain cosmetic damage.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
What a bugger! Very glad you're ok and sorry about your bike. I wld be livid bout my bike though. Hope all goes well with the repairs. CAGERS aarrghh!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Wow the out come could have been much worse. Glad theres no broken bones and damage to the bike is minimal. That crap scares the hell out of you. Might be a little gun shy for a while now. Be careful out there

·
Registered
49 Posts
Bugger.... glad you're alright, mate. Hopefully that cager will be a mite more cautious and check his **** blindspots...

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
It is... and the wildlife has iPhones, makeup cases, and attitude...
Hey wait a min, what's wrong with makeup? I pack in my bike trunk, kleenex, hairspray and a lipstick! Girl essentials:D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts