Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we both took the last day of riding today and the skills test at the end and we both passed and now have our licenses! We both definitely learned a lot through it and am VERY glad we took it. My wife being BRAND new to riding learned a lot more but I learned a lot about the slower speed stuff like the figure 8's. I was still wobbly at slower speed, tight turns like those.

We are both wanting to sign up for the basic rider course 2 now which is more advanced stuff and you have to use your own bike. Plus I'd like to also take the advanced rider course too. Luckily in PA they're all free so I might as well get as much knowledge and experience as I can!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Congratulations on passing -- I go back to things I learned in the original MSF, as well as the "Bonding" class, often... well worth the time and money ...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Congrats to you two!! Wish my wife rode but due to an inner ear problem she has an issue with balance and is unable to ride. I'm jealous.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
All the best! Wish courses were offered free where I live. We pay an average $600. :eek:

·
Registered
878 Posts
^, ya, I think they're about $800 here now for four days.....two in parking lot and two on street!! Oh, and two evenings of classroom instruction.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Congrats to both you and your wife!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everybody! Good god that's ridiculous expensive up there!! And gee, let me guess, it's mandatory for your license too???

·
Registered
636 Posts
congrats PAJKRUBI!! me and my fiance ride around on the weekends since she has gotten her bike a little over a month ago..just on the back roads around the nieghborhood..were goin to the msf course in july..its 25$..if you pass you get a certification to take to the DMV and they then give you your motorcycle endorsement..

·
Registered
226 Posts
Kudos to you both! And, you're right... you can never have too much knowledge, practice or training--I'm hoping to take the ERC (Experienced Rider Course) soon, too. CONGRATULATIONS on making it official! ;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Congrats you guys!!!! I liked the pic you posted up of your practice ride. Awesome background! Hubs and I rode today too. :)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Hey....did you celebrate you're dual victory?? :D I have a riding buddy but he works out of town most of the year. Most of my riding is alone which I really don't mind for the most part. I get together with the manager of honda powerhouse and his crew from time to time which is fun but, holy mach speed batman!!!!! enjoying the scenery is not an option lol:eek:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats!

It is not free around here! Mine was only 180 for the basic rider course which was about 8 hours or so on the course and 3 classroom sessions. Totally worth it if you ask me.

Now the advanced rider course is much much more expensive and will be a while before I take that. Not required for your license.

I ride by myself most of the time. I don't mind because I am still new. But at the same time it would be awesome to have someone to ride with so they can teach me.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey....did you celebrate you're dual victory?? :D
Unfortuntely no we haven't yet. We work the same hours but different days off so we don't get a lot fo time together. We'll probably go out for a nice ride/dinner this week or next week though and celebrate! We both got a wednesday off together here in a couple weeks so we're gonna go to bike night at a local restaurant together which will be a lot of fun!

I just signed up tonight for for the basic rider course 2 at the end of this month! It's 6 hours of just riding skills and it's a little more advanced than the basic course we just completed. This one requires you to use your own bike too which will be nice because even though bikes are mostly the same I'd rather learn on MY bike. The wife isn't gonna do this one yet because she has to work that weekend and she just isn't quite ready for the more advanced stuff yet. She wants to get a little more riding experience and get a lot more comfortable in the turns before she does anything else. Oh and this class is free also!:D:p And before the summer is over I want to attend the advanced riders course which is the highest one they offer. I'm gonna be a knee dragger before too long!! HA HA:eek:

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Ha ha buy the leathers then:D shift work sucks when one trys to have a life!!!! :(

·
Registered
356 Posts
congrats! i took half of it this past weekend, doing all the riding exercises, this Friday i take the written test, then Saturday is the riding test. I feel pretty confident about it all, the difficult part for me when we practiced was the figure 8, i don't know why but when i turn that tight to the right it feels uncomfortable, but i can turn left like that all day long with no issues. the instructor said everyone is like that and has a certain preference and he also told us that the figure 8 is not as critical as things like braking and cornering. i can do the figure 8, its just those tight right turns that get me lol

·
Registered
501 Posts
Good job on passing. I learned a few things myself when my wife was taking the riders course. I went to watch. They didnt have safety courses when i got my motorcycle endorsement.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ha ha buy the leathers then:D shift work sucks when one trys to have a life!!!! :(
Ha Ha Yeah right! It'll be a long, long time before I'm in leathers, like never! And yeah shift work sucks and it's even worse when we both work jobs that run 24/7-365 days a year. She has most weekends off and I can't dream of weekends of for a few more years at least at my job so it really sucks.:( At least we both have jobs though and good steady ones at that. Never gonna run out of criminals or sick people!

congrats! i took half of it this past weekend, doing all the riding exercises, this Friday i take the written test, then Saturday is the riding test. I feel pretty confident about it all, the difficult part for me when we practiced was the figure 8, i don't know why but when i turn that tight to the right it feels uncomfortable, but i can turn left like that all day long with no issues. the instructor said everyone is like that and has a certain preference and he also told us that the figure 8 is not as critical as things like braking and cornering. i can do the figure 8, its just those tight right turns that get me lol
I'm right there with ya! The figure 8's were the hardest for me also and turning right STILL doesn't feel as comfortable as left turns for me. It's really weird too, but it is VERY slowly getting better as the miles rack up. I also kind of force myself to push a little hard into right turns to kind of get my body/brain used to the feeling.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts