Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me exactly where this plug goes? It is hanging loose by the forks and headlights . and there is a rubber square that looks like its ment to hold a relay or something

·
Registered
385 Posts
Where dose it come from? looked at mine cant see it

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it is a electrical relay module A , but is it a relay for turn signals , I was able to use a 9 v battery holder and a toggle switch as a key start , I also soldered quick disconnects on the 9 v battery so nobody will now it's my key . until I get the new ignition . Those ignitions look like a hassle to replace . not expensive just a pain. The bike starts and runs but they fried my battery , O'Reillys driver should be here any minute .

·
Registered
17 Posts
O'reilly auto parts? i vowed to never go in there after they quoted me 700$ to change my headlights in my car....they said it would take 3 hours of labor at 100$ an hour and 200$ per bulb.
I found the correct bulbs on amazon for 35$ each and did it myself which im not very mechanically inclined. took me 1 hour, They were just trying to rip me off. It would have taken them 30min and my car would have sat there for 2.5 hours.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love O'Reillys , they carry everything I need and a driver will bring it to me. I pay 20$ for my cbr filter , oil and gasket here in az . The electrical module is also the light relay , so it will be here Monday .

·
Registered
168 Posts
CBR250 is an odd critter compared to a car...ECU reset procedure involves shorting wires in the taillight circuit, so any relay seems important. Your electrical system might start charging with that module in place :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So my voltemeter took a poop on my but I went for a 2 hour ride up in the arizona mountains , stayed the night then came back . bike still fores and runs fine . I have yet to check the battery , with a 58 month full replacement im not worried lol

·
Registered
168 Posts
poor mans check...at night (or dusk), point the bike at a white wall/garage door. Start engine, put on high beams. When you rev up the high beam should get brighter.

As to hours running, a new AGM will last a while, especially not using high beam. One of my GTs came to me miswired and I found out only after several hours of ride time, my hint was that the blinkers were slow. Sure enough it wouldn't start with the button after I turned it off. I kickstarted and got the rest of the way home running off the remainder of the battery and fixed the wiring.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im buying a new voltemeter tonight then I'll take the bike out of the apartment lol I've had some other stuff taken care of , new clutch cable , had to dremel a cbr600 aftermarket gas cap to fit keyless and a few other pains . but electrical systems are important . I appreciate all the help !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts