Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my bike disassembled to replace my windscreen(what a ridiculous amount of work it was) while I had it apart I found two wires that had previously been soldered to a push switch beside the guages. I followed the wires and they led back to the plug in the pic, does anyone know what this would have been used for? I've been curiously thinking of soldering the wires back to the switch and pushing it to see what happens.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ide love to see what plug it but for some reason the picture just wont load. Could you try posting it again?

As far as I can tell it doesnt look like a stock plug that I recognize.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ohh boy there has been some work done to that bike. But it looks to mostly done properly so no need to fret too much.

From what I can see in the picture is that you have a Bazzaz tuner, Speedohealer, some accessory powered straight off the battery.

It looks like that connector is going to the harness for the Bazzaz controller. Ill bet it is a map change button. They might have the stock map and a tuned map on it and wanted to switch between the 2 for some reason.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help in solving this mystery, what exactly does the bazzazz thing do? Should I disconnect it?

·
Registered
144 Posts
The Bazzaz is a fuel tuner. It adjustments how much fuel is being injected. If you have an aftermarket muffler a proper tune will give you more power and make sure it doesn't run too lean. I would just leave it on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts